Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 06:16 PM

Security measures

Apart from the obvious things like locking our car doors and closing windows etc, I have just read these measures too.

Does anyone here do these things?

Quote -

3. Secure your number plates with tamper-resistant screws

The easiest way to change the identity of a stolen vehicle or avoid speeding tickets and parking tickets is to fit stolen number plates. Using security screws to attach your vehicle’s number plates makes it harder for thieves to get your number.

4. Fit locking, anti-tamper wheel nuts to secure alloy wheels

Stolen wheels are valuable, either as parts or for their scrap value. Using locking wheel nuts reduces the risk of your vehicle’s wheels being stolen.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 06:25 PM

Re: Security measures

My alloy wheels already came with locking wheel nuts and my number plate is glued on.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
My alloy wheels already came with locking wheel nuts and my number plate is glued on.
Ditto

I also have a metal retractable post in my drive.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 09:23 PM

My wheels also have locking wheel nuts but my number plate is worth a fortune....

LTP 1

Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 09:44 PM

They don’t need to nick number plates they just clone them, alloys usually have a locking wheel nut that comes with them but god help you if you use the special wheel nut that undoes them
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
My wheels also have locking wheel nuts but my number plate is worth a fortune....

LTP 1

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->

LTP 1

Twerp!

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2020, 11:03 PM

The NSW Police have events when they replace your number plate screws with anti tamper screws and its free!

My car wheels are steel, no one wants to steal those.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 01:29 AM

Hi

Simplest way is to drive a car nobody would nick.
reg
Manchester
reg is male  reg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2020, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
They don’t need to nick number plates they just clone them, alloys usually have a locking wheel nut that comes with them but god help you if you use the special wheel nut that undoes them
It's a lot harder to get plates made nowadays. ie: needing to produce a V5.

Police are pretty hot on plates that don't have a suppliers trade name on them.

Much easier to unscrew a set off a car I would think.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top