Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 09:44 AM

in for repair

At last my Nissan Xtrail Tekna we took the body shop for repairs, after that stupid old bugger hit it. Should be about a week before I get it back seems they are very busy and yet had to lay off staff due to covid19.
Many who have seen the video clip say he should not even be driving. I think he should at least be made to take a longer driving test to see if he is fit to be on the road.

Seeing the condition and age of his car my bet it is not worth repairing
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 12:04 PM

Re: in for repair

Talking about old cars RS, six months ago whilst trying to make room for a Skip Wagon, I managed to roll backwards into next door but ones car, a 10 year old small Hyundai Hatch. The collision damaged the Hyundai's headlight and marked the bumper, and scuffed the bumper on my workhorse. The Hyundai was written off which was pleasing for the neighbour as, she no longer needed a car at that moment in time and, the pay out was more than the car would accrued if sold privately, anyway, I asked my insurance company if I had to pay the excess, they said no, you only pay an excess on your own vehicle, do you want your repairing, I said you must be joking, painting the bumper on mine would cost more than the car is worth! and the excess would be more than the pay out, so the lesson here is, if you have a car that is worth only £500.00, agree to a voluntary excess of a £1000.00 to bring the premium down, then if you are in a collision, just scrap the car.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Talking about old cars RS, six months ago whilst trying to make room for a Skip Wagon, I managed to roll backwards into next door but ones car, a 10 year old small Hyundai Hatch. The collision damaged the Hyundai's headlight and marked the bumper, and scuffed the bumper on my workhorse. The Hyundai was written off which was pleasing for the neighbour as, she no longer needed a car at that moment in time and, the pay out was more than the car would accrued if sold privately, anyway, I asked my insurance company if I had to pay the excess, they said no, you only pay an excess on your own vehicle, do you want your repairing, I said you must be joking, painting the bumper on mine would cost more than the car is worth! and the excess would be more than the pay out, so the lesson here is, if you have a car that is worth only £500.00, agree to a voluntary excess of a £1000.00 to bring the premium down, then if you are in a collision, just scrap the car.

Good advice.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 06:03 PM

It's a pity everyone is not made to take the advanced test and maybe even retested every 2yrs after say 60.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
It's a pity everyone is not made to take the advanced test and maybe even retested every 2yrs after say 60.
I think we should go even further and take a retest every five years
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 04:54 PM

Just collected the car and they did a great job on the repair. only thing is now it has their name on the number plate and different where I bought it from on the back, So at some time I will have to go to Halfords for a matching set
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2020, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I took the advanced test about twenty years ago and thought it was great fun. I still occasionally apply the methods to my driving but only when I'm in the mood.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top