Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 10:41 PM

Re: Does anyone remember?

Originally Posted by d00d ->
I once saw in a petrol station cash removed from the till, put in a tube, put in a hole in the floor.
I used to have to do that when I first came down to live in London. When we had a lot of notes in the till we'd count most of them out, put them and a note with the value in the tube and post it.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm sure our Tesco's still used those up until a few years ago (SE). I thought it was an excellent way of moving money out of the till and therefore reducing any chance of theft.

Of course, accidents did happen occasionally. I remember one day, as the tube was moving up the pipe, the screws came loose and the pod went flying across the store, hitting an elderly man in the cobblers. He was ok though, just having a new heel put on his shoe.
Our Tesco still has one, noticed it today while waiting to buy my tobacco. The cashier was putting cash into tubes & putting them into a tube I'd never noticed before on the wall, it goes up to the office & then gets put in a safe I guess. I mentioned it to her.It doesn't come back though, one way only. This was the tobacco & enquiries desk area, the other tills give the money to a supervisor who them must give it to that desk area, I've seen them doing that. Fancy me never noticing that before.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Our Tesco still has one, noticed it today while waiting to buy my tobacco. The cashier was putting cash into tubes & putting them into a tube I'd never noticed before on the wall, it goes up to the office & then gets put in a safe I guess. I mentioned it to her.It doesn't come back though, one way only. This was the tobacco & enquiries desk area, the other tills give the money to a supervisor who them must give it to that desk area, I've seen them doing that. Fancy me never noticing that before.
Just imagine someone upstairs sitting over the hole while doing their shoelace up.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2020, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Just imagine someone upstairs sitting over the hole while doing their shoelace up.
Bum tube, heavy too, though I think she was only putting notes in it.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top