Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2020, 09:58 PM

Travelling the world

I've been feeling a bit fed up because I want to go on holiday and today I thought, enough is enough, sod this Covid-19 I WILL GO ON HOLIDAY.

Today I've been to the Galapagos Islands which is my dream destination, I also saw the Northern Lights. Tomorrow I'm going to visit the Vatican.

Went on a fantastic roller coaster as well and I was screaming going upside down.

All this from the comfort of my own sofa.

We got a Oculus 2 for Christmas, virtual reality game console, oh my goodness it's fantastic, never in a million years would I have thought I would live to see the day of virtual reality such as the Oculus.

My husband has always wanted a games console but because he only has one arm he could never get one as he couldn't use the controller with needing two hands. The Oculus allows one handed play.

Had a fun time travelling thousands of miles in one day

I highly recommend Oculus 2
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2020, 10:09 PM

Re: Travelling the world

just realised, should have put this in technology thread, can you move it please meg or mags
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2020, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
just realised, should have put this in technology thread, can you move it please meg or mags
Should be ok LQ?
It's classed as virtual travel !!

Donkeyman! 😀😀
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2020, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I've been feeling a bit fed up because I want to go on holiday and today I thought, enough is enough, sod this Covid-19 I WILL GO ON HOLIDAY.

Today I've been to the Galapagos Islands which is my dream destination, I also saw the Northern Lights. Tomorrow I'm going to visit the Vatican.

Went on a fantastic roller coaster as well and I was screaming going upside down.

All this from the comfort of my own sofa.

We got a Oculus 2 for Christmas, virtual reality game console, oh my goodness it's fantastic, never in a million years would I have thought I would live to see the day of virtual reality such as the Oculus.

My husband has always wanted a games console but because he only has one arm he could never get one as he couldn't use the controller with needing two hands. The Oculus allows one handed play.

Had a fun time travelling thousands of miles in one day

I highly recommend Oculus 2
Sadly, this may be the only travel we can do for quite a while.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 07:18 AM

I've never heard of it LQ.....I'll look it up because it might be the only travel we get for a long time a pal told me yesterday that a cruise booked for next August has just been cancelled by the cruise company.

Have fun
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 10:56 AM

Just looked it up and watched a couple of videos. It looks amazing.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I've never heard of it LQ.....I'll look it up because it might be the only travel we get for a long time a pal told me yesterday that a cruise booked for next August has just been cancelled by the cruise company.

Have fun
That doesn't sound good Summer, we transferred a Baltic cruise from last year to May of this year...Eeek! ..
Perhaps I should delay the dry cleaning of my best suit and put my speedos back in the drawer.....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2020, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That doesn't sound good Summer, we transferred a Baltic cruise from last year to May of this year...Eeek! ..
Perhaps I should delay the dry cleaning of my best suit and put my speedos back in the drawer.....
I would't enjoy a Cruise anyway, the sound of the rocket must be enormous!
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 12:20 PM

Someone say Occulus?
I put away my rift- but just bought quest2 still unpacked
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 04:41 PM

Val and I have booked a trip to Iceland for after we've had our jabs. If that goes well we'll be visiting Aldi and Lidl next.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top