Join for free
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 03:25 PM

Time to adjust car insurance premiums?

Having been virtually excluded fron using the car for almost 11 months now, I think that it's time we had a reduction in our premiums. I'm due to renew by 8th February so I'm expecting a renewal quote very soon. Let's hope that it takes into consideration government restrictions that have meant that the car has been parked on our driveway for most of the time.

Malc.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 04:41 PM

Re: Time to adjust car insurance premiums?

A squadron of pigs has just flown past my office window Malc.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
A squadron of pigs has just flown past my office window Malc.
So that's what just shat all over our car .. absolute swine's!!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2021, 07:55 PM

Don’t you guys have pay as you drive type car insurance in the UK? You pay based on a pre-determined mileage and anything over that is additionally charged?
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.
Malc.27 is male  Malc.27 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 03:17 PM

I'm still waiting my renewal, although I did speak to my local broker who informed me that my insurance company hadn't officially offered any partial refunds.
He did say that my renewal premium was about £20 less than last year, no reason was given for that reduction...
I also asked him if I was to offer to apply a voluntary excess (£200) in addition to the compulsory excess of £150, how would that affect my premium - he checked it and his reply was that it would reduce my premium by less than £2...
He was also shocked at that!
We have a limited mileage set at 3000 miles, which suited us at the time because we had a second car for our main use.
We have just the one car now, so that figure would need to be adjusted, when things are more normal..
Regards, Malc.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2021, 04:02 PM

My premium quote has just arrived and it has gone up. I will be looking around for somthing better before having a word with them .

In a none Covid year I drive less than 1,000 miles a year short local journeys a couple of times a week and this last year I have only had the car off the drive a handful few times.
Malc.27
Pembroke U.K.

21-01-2021, 11:41 AM

Hi Meg,
You should be getting a discount, not a premium increase...Insurance companies tell us that the premium is based on 'risk', and, in my opinion, the risk of an accident claim must be reduced when we are told to "stay at home,
" yet this doesn't seem to be applying at the moment...
I assume that you already have a policy with a 'limited mileage' section in place, to keep the premiums as low as possible...
But it's a good idea to check around. Good luck with that.

Regards, Malc.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top