Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 12:41 AM

Re: No headphone socket on TV

Does it have Bluetooth? That might be a way round the problem.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Does it have Bluetooth? That might be a way round the problem.
That's a good thought. The manual linked to doesn't mention it in the table of contents but I wonder if that's what the extra 'B' means in the model number that littleannie has?

Having said that, a TV that includes a SCART socket dates it a bit and it might not include Bluetooth. Could do though.
littleannie
Cheshire UK
littleannie is female 

06-01-2021, 10:55 AM

No, it doesn't have Bluetooth. Shame, as my headphones do! Admittedly it is a few years old. I went to Currys last year to find out if newer models have a headphone socket, but was told they don't, apart from large TV. It's the spare one in the bedroom, and we don't want a huge set in there. Oh well, never mind, it was an idea. I do appreciate all the help you have given.
Mart - your link to the gadget on Amazon which plugs into the scart socket. On the TV it is not the usual large scart socket, it's a small one which the manual says comes with an adaptor which you have to plug in. This adaptor was missing when we bought the set, so the gadget from Amazon won't fit. All in all, a rubbish TV set!!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 12:55 PM

On a closer look, it looks like it needs this adapter..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Logik-LCD...-/172665715192

..plus the audio-out SCART one that needs to plug into an amplifier (with a headphone socket). The ideal solution might be an HDMI soundbar with a headphone socket. Not only for the headphone socket but for better TV sound quality in general. However, it looks like HDMI soundbars with a headphone sockets are quite rare.

I see there are HDMI headphone amplifiers but often, when an HDMI sound device is plugged into the TV HDMI socket, it cuts the TV speakers out then and you'd have only the headphones for sound (that might or might not happen).

There are also USB to 3.5mm jack converters but I have no experience of how or if that works. I think it would still need an amplifier.

Using the TV with a headphone socket probably could be done one way or another but it gets complicated ..and expensive.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 01:26 PM

Why not just watch DVDs using your computer or laptop? They have headphone sockets as standard.
littleannie
Cheshire UK
littleannie is female 

06-01-2021, 01:49 PM

Thanks mart. I think it will all get too expensive and complicated.
Tachyon, I don't have a laptop, just a tablet.
I thank you all for your help which has taken up your time. It's nice to know there are such kind and helpful people around. I have decided to buy a personal DVD player to replace the one I had which broke. With a headphone socket!!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by littleannie ->
Thanks mart. I think it will all get too expensive and complicated.
Tachyon, I don't have a laptop, just a tablet.
I thank you all for your help which has taken up your time. It's nice to know there are such kind and helpful people around. I have decided to buy a personal DVD player to replace the one I had which broke. With a headphone socket!!
In all honesty that is probably the best option if DVD's are your usual source of content.
If you watch TV you're probably as well watching catch-up via your tablet, if the screen size is acceptable.
littleannie
Cheshire UK
littleannie is female 

06-01-2021, 04:55 PM

Zaphod. I have a lot of favourite DVDs which will come out again now we are in lockdown again!
I watch most of my TV on my tablet anyway, as my husband likes his football on Sky.
It's a good job I am easy going.
I suppose the other option is "if you can't beat them, join them" and start watching football with him. Only joking! I would rather stick pins in my eyes.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by littleannie ->
Zaphod. I have a lot of favourite DVDs which will come out again now we are in lockdown again!
I watch most of my TV on my tablet anyway, as my husband likes his football on Sky.
It's a good job I am easy going.
I suppose the other option is "if you can't beat them, join them" and start watching football with him. Only joking! I would rather stick pins in my eyes.
Me too when it comes to watching football.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top