Join for free
Page 25 of 48 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 > Last »
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 10:56 PM

Re: Trump supporters stormed Capital Hill

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Patriotism is a dirty word these days.....
Whereas coward is a good one?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 10:58 PM

I think there will be more security services than the FBI involved in the investigation surfer, and you will only see what they want you to see. I wouldn't expect anything different in our own security services. One of the reasons why I never take it to heart when I see paramilitary activist groups marching down the Strand. Every one of them will be filmed and visited later. Divide and conquer, or erase from society, but it will never be seen in the media...
That would be something I'd really like to believe, but I'm not sure exactly what they'd do to them other than 'a quiet word'.

There are some people who I'd like to see quietly 'disappeared', but I'm pretty sure that we'd never actually do that - more's the pity. It's just 'not British'!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Pfft! As if! For one thing the USA no longer comprises of one integrated society, uncontrolled immigration has caused that more than anything.
Same in our country, I'm afraid.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 11:01 PM

Patriotism is a dirty word these days.....
Then call me old-fashioned .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by surfermom ->
then call me old-fashioned :-d.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 11:27 PM

Hi

Republican or Democrat matters nothing.

It is respect for the Law and Democracy which matters.

I think our Prime Minister is a dangerous, proven liar.

So what?

We had a free and fair election and he was voted in.

I will defend that decision even thougth it was not my personal choice.

That is Democracy for you.

I would have been even more upset if that Lunatic Corbyn had been voted in.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 11:28 PM

The reality is that "The People" are now irrevocably split between the White and their supporters on the one side and the non-white and their supporters on the other.

The USSR disintegrated in 1995 even though no one expected it to - it no longer fitted what the population wanted and needed. Now it's time for the USA to disintegrate for the same reason.
https://www.inquirer.com/opinion/com...-20200918.html

Just think about it, America. I know breaking up is hard to do. We used to be good together. But what is the point of having the “greatest country in the world” if none of us actually like it?
https://future.fandom.com/wiki/America_Splits

How it may look.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 12:03 AM

The reality is that "The People" are now irrevocably split between the White and their supporters on the one side and the non-white and their supporters on the other.

The USSR disintegrated in 1995 even though no one expected it to - it no longer fitted what the population wanted and needed. Now it's time for the USA to disintegrate for the same reason.

Trolling.

I shan't bite.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Trolling.

I shan't bite.
Yeah, I am shaking my head at this, too. Surfermom. Way too obvious to credit with any sensible reply .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

09-01-2021, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
Yeah, I am shaking my head at this, too. Surfermom. Way too obvious to credit with any sensible reply .
I agree. It is most unlikely.

On the other hand, I find it an interesting scenario.
I haven't time to look at it properly now, so have bookmarked the site. The map of the US is so small and the numbers difficult to read, so I'll have to open the list and the enlarged maps in two different tabs to look at them properly.

New York and New England seem to be a unified country, though, which is interesting as my relatives live there.
We should try to create a trade deal with them.
California? No, I don't think so!

Page 25 of 48 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top