Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 06:48 AM

Re: Birmingham leaders warn Pfizer vaccine supply is 'running out'

As I understand it there are three companies producing a vaccine that is wanted by the world by yesterday and people wonder why supplies are running short?

I do wonder sometimes.....
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
DM from what is quoted they haven't run out of vaccine.
No, it sounds like BCC either didn't order enough to start with or
forgot to reorder early enough to me ??
Surely they know how many citizens they have ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
As I understand it there are three companies producing a vaccine that is wanted by the world by yesterday and people wonder why supplies are running short?

I do wonder sometimes.....
AFAIK, the immediate problem is delivery timing:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55576788

Gillian McLauchlan, deputy director of public health at Salford Council, described "teething" issues with the vaccine rollout there.

She told councillors at a local scrutiny committee: "We have no control over vaccine supplies. We are told literally two days in advance 'your next lot of vaccines are coming'."
Vaccine rollout delays spark call for government to listen to GPs

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...llout-12181890

The government has been urged to listen to the concerns of GPs over the rollout of COVID vaccines in order to avoid "frustrating and demoralising" doctors and "confusing and disappointing" patients.

On Thursday, GP surgeries across England received their first deliveries of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine and began administering the jabs to patients.

However, the GP surgery visited by Health Secretary Matt Hancock on Thursday morning to mark the expanded rollout of the Oxford jab had not yet received any of the doses.
GP Ammara Hughes said Mr Hancock was "quite surprised actually to learn that we don't know when all of our deliveries are coming".

Dr Hughes said the surgery had initially been told their delivery of the Oxford vaccine had been delayed 24 hours, although they later took a delivery of 400 doses at around 4pm on Thursday.

GPs have also reported delays or cancellations with supplies of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, which was the first jab to be approved and used in the UK.

Dr Richard van Mellaerts, a GP in Kingston-upon-Thames in Surrey, told Sky News: "We had been expecting a delivery of two batches next week of the Pfizer vaccine.

"So just over 2,200 vaccines which we were hoping would be coming in on Monday, as our previous deliveries had done.

"We've now heard that those deliveries have been cancelled."
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Erm ..... yes, they could ..... all the best "outbreak" movies include the "mutation" scenario and, AFAIK, so do all the best pandemic planning exercises .....
How do they deal with this in the movies? Perhaps we need a superhero?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 03:47 PM

What I would like to know if possible is, if you had the Pfeizer jab first time, does it have to be Pfeizer one again for the follow up?
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Sounds like the Birmingham city council are at fault Omah!
They should be liasing with whoever distributes the vaccine not
waiting around and communicating via the media !!

Donkeyman! 👎🤔👎
Originally Posted by Omah ->
When a city with over 1,000,000 inhabitants doesn't know when its' next delivery of vaccine is due, with only 24 hours supply left, then I'd say that's more than a "glitch" .....

Incidentally, the article does say "A full vaccine deployment plan is due to be published on Monday." so it does appear that many engaged in the deployment are indeed still 'left in the dark' ..... "in the middle of a disaster".
Andy Street, the Birmingham Mayor, was on the BBC Midlands News last night saying this was a load of bull. Here's the link to the item.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What I would like to know if possible is, if you had the Pfeizer jab first time, does it have to be Pfeizer one again for the follow up?
Yes, you can't mix these vaccines. At least that's what the science correspondent on BBC Midlands News said when asked the same question the other evening.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Andy Street, the Birmingham Mayor, was on the BBC Midlands News last night saying this was a load of bull. Here's the link to the item.

Yes, you can't mix these vaccines. At least that's what the science correspondent on BBC Midlands News said when asked the same question the other evening.

I'm really surprised at that Percy, because I understood these two vaccines don't work in the same way?

My DIL is a nurse, and she's just had her first Pfeizer jab yesterday, so I will ask her. I know she as got to wait the 12 week space before she gets the next one.
She said her arm throbbing kept waking her up last night.
Percy Vere
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 04:08 PM

I'm really surprised at that Percy, because I understood these two vaccines don't work in the same way?

My DIL is a nurse, and she's just had her first Pfeizer jab yesterday, so I will ask her. I know she as got to wait the 12 week space before she gets the next one.
She said her arm throbbing kept waking her up last night.
Sorry if I'm misleading you Mups. If you have the Pfizer vaccine first, you MUST have the Pfizer vaccine for the second jab. You cannot mix the different vaccines because they use different technologies.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-01-2021, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Sorry if I'm misleading you Mups. If you have the Pfizer vaccine first, you MUST have the Pfizer vaccine for the second jab. You cannot mix the different vaccines because they use different technologies.

Deleted.
Sorry Percy, I misread your previous reply.
It's me age.
Percy Vere

08-01-2021, 04:16 PM

Deleted.
Sorry Percy, I misread your previous reply.
It's me age.
No probs.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top