Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 11:36 PM

Re: Gp/ nhs

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

You have to expect to pay cash and claim back from Medicare later until you are a pensioner when it is usually bulk billed
We don't know how lucky we are Bruce.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 11:45 PM

Sorry you're having so much hassle Pauline. The GP surgery should book send a referral to the hospital who will then send you an appointment. But I guess we are in the middle of a pandemic so everything is going to be different from what we are used to.

I had to book something like this myself a couple of years ago when I had frozen shoulder. It's because it was via a private provider commissioned by the NHS. They had a website you went on and you chose the location. I found it pretty easy to sort. I'm not sure why it was private but I was seen very quickly. They also referred me to a private physio but that was a waste of time. In the end I had a steroid injection following the private scan. It may have been administered by my GP. That fixed me.

As hospitals and GPs are very busy now they are trying to find the best way. I'm terrified of getting ill at the moment. One of my friends has cancer and is undergoing chemo once again. That's what they are focusing on outside Covid.

Pauline I hope you manage to have your scan ok and that all is well x
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Sorry you're having so much hassle Pauline. The GP surgery should book send a referral to the hospital who will then send you an appointment. But I guess we are in the middle of a pandemic so everything is going to be different from what we are used to.

I had to book something like this myself a couple of years ago when I had frozen shoulder. It's because it was via a private provider commissioned by the NHS. They had a website you went on and you chose the location. I found it pretty easy to sort. I'm not sure why it was private but I was seen very quickly. They also referred me to a private physio but that was a waste of time. In the end I had a steroid injection following the private scan. It may have been administered by my GP. That fixed me.

As hospitals and GPs are very busy now they are trying to find the best way. I'm terrified of getting ill at the moment. One of my friends has cancer and is undergoing chemo once again. That's what they are focusing on outside Covid.

Pauline I hope you manage to have your scan ok and that all is well x

Yes, I understand the times we are going through, I’m so glad to hear that they are focusing on cancer outside of covid.

Thank you for your kind wishes, regarding my scan.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top