Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 01:43 PM

Re: Obeying the Rules.

I honestly don't know why such a fuss wasn't made last year. Why does it take so many dying for supermarkets and police to introduce stricter controls? In Spain they have had to wear masks indoors and outdoors in public places for months now. If they don't there are people employed to tell them off. Months ago shoppers were being told off by army or police in other countries if they failed to socially distance or wear masks. Here it's just been so relaxed and yet we have one of the highest death rates. People still walk around with masks under chins or noses.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
People still walk around with masks under chins or noses.
Oh my days that winds me up soooooo much
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 04:58 PM

It was on the News that some of the Supermarkets are upping their game. Proper guards on the door, no mask no entry. They are quite correct IMO. But it does worry me that it may make these types move to the smaller shops and kick off there, if they are challenged.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 05:50 PM

My local newsagents, small, like a corner shop, has no protective screens , no hand sanitizer, and they owners do not wear a mask - neither do they ask their customers too.

Before anyone asks, Yes, I most certainly do wear a mask in there.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
My local newsagents, small, like a corner shop, has no protective screens , no hand sanitizer, and they owners do not wear a mask - neither do they ask their customers too.

Before anyone asks, Yes, I most certainly do wear a mask in there.
Sheeezze.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 06:18 PM

Yes we definitely have a problem.

However, I think the real problem is that the police are concentrating on people who are either innocent or are of no danger to anyone, like the two ladies going for a walk in a deserted area 5 miles from their homes and, god forbid, carrying cups of coffee!

At the same time, people such as some have mentioned on here, not wearing masks in supermarkets or other indoor areas - where, of course, the transmission of Covid is far more likely than outdoors - are not even being approached.

I know that the police can't be everywhere at once, but surely if I am aware of the things I have mentioned, surely the police should be aware as well.

They are just targeting the wrong people.
Some even accuse them of going after 'easy targets'!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The local shop is next to the blocks of flats basically used for druggies and recently released prisoners.

The flats are directly opposite new build bungalows used for the frail and elderly.

Only a Council could do this.
Well, that has been typical of councils for many years.

House the low-lifes next to decent people (often old and frail) in the misguided hope that the latter will have a positive influence on the former!

Of course, everyone else knows full well that the reverse is always the case.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 08:17 PM

IT'S NOT ALL BAD NEWS..............

I've been monitoring the Covid rates in two areas - one my own area ('nuff said) the other where a close relative lives. So today for the first time EVER...........the death rate shows:

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
IT'S NOT ALL BAD NEWS..............

I've been monitoring the Covid rates in two areas - one my own area ('nuff said) the other where a close relative lives. So today for the first time EVER...........the death rate shows:

Oh I do love a good conspiracy theory.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Oh I do love a good conspiracy theory.
No conspiracy theory - just a typo. I was just about to paste the URL but notice someone must have spotted the mistake in the last couple of hours!!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top