Join for free
Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 01:15 PM

Re: Do extra terrestrials exist.

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Life on other planets is our own?
I'm afraid I don't understand your concept, OGF.

Are you saying that we sent something of ours to another planet which created life there?

I think you'll have to explain further.
Space and time JB.... At some point distance becomes measured in time i.e.Light YEARS...Therefore what you are looking at in deep space is where the earth was in the past. Everything in space goes round in circles. The moon round planets, planets around the sun, so it is only logical that our whole solar system revolves around something else. Eventually you will see the earth in the past, so the life you describe in other worlds, is us!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 01:19 PM

Can you prove that?

Ah, I see what you mean (or I think I do - you talk in riddles!).

You are suggesting that we are the creation of another race/creation/call it what you will, which came from another planet and visited the Earth thousands of years ago.

At that time, we were not human, not even animals of any sort; perhaps we were nothing more than microbes or the beginning of life.

These visitors implanted something into the equation and created the beginnings of human life.

Yes, another distinct possibility, and an interesting one at that.

Such a long time ago now, and I wonder what became of our creators...
a god, perhaps?
Some people claim that they can talk to him/her/them.
No JB.....Refer to Prof Brian Cox who presents just half of the story....

Thanks Summer...
I remember watching Brian Cox talking about life on other planets he said he was sure it existed but to find other life like ours here on earth he was sure that would not exist. He said we evolved from a series of genetic accidents that would be impossible to emulate.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Space and time JB.... At some point distance becomes measured in time i.e.Light YEARS...Therefore what you are looking at in deep space is where the earth was in the past. Everything in space goes round in circles. The moon round planets, planets around the sun, so it is only logical that our whole solar system revolves around something else. Eventually you will see the earth in the past, so the life you describe in other worlds, is us!
Sorry, OGF. Interesting argument but it has absolutely no basis in reality. According to your beliefs, even our own galaxy does not exist. Hence, when we look at the stars in the night sky, we are seeing our own sun reflected back at us ????

Moreover, according to you, when astronomers take photos of a super-nova (exploding star) what they are actually seeing is our own sun exploding in the distant past . Hmm that's quite funny.

You should contact all of the world's astronomers and explain to them that they are wrong.

In a previous post you mentioned, God. I think I should point out that if there is one single thing which has tried desperately to keep mankind ignorant, it is the belief in a God.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
sorry, ogf. Interesting argument but it has absolutely no basis in reality. According to your beliefs, even our own galaxy does not exist. Hence, when we look at the stars in the night sky, we are seeing our own sun reflected back at us ????

Moreover, according to you, when astronomers take photos of a super-nova (exploding star) what they are actually seeing is our own sun exploding in the distant past . Hmm that's quite funny.

you should contact all of the world's astronomers and explain to them that they are wrong.

In a previous post you mentioned, god. I think i should point out that if there is one single thing which has tried desperately to keep mankind ignorant, it is the belief in a god.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 08:50 PM

No JB.....Refer to Prof Brian Cox who presents just half of the story....

Thanks Summer...
I remember watching Brian Cox talking about life on other planets he said he was sure it existed but to find other life like ours here on earth he was sure that would not exist. He said we evolved from a series of genetic accidents that would be impossible to emulate.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly! Even Brian Cox (who I admire greatly) says that he is sure that life exists on (some) other planets.
I have never suggested that life like ours would exist elsewhere!

Having said that, if the basic structure of matter - atoms and molecules - exist elsewhere, which I'm sure they do (they certainly do in our solar system), then it is possible that carbon-based life forms can exist elsewhere.

Of course they won't look like us... not like Star Trek, for example, where just about every alien life form possesses two legs and two arms, primarily to accommodate the bodies of the actors playing them!
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 09:44 PM

Comet!
Not possible - comets do not "shoot across the sky". A common mistake made by authors.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 09:48 PM

Exactly! Even Brian Cox (who I admire greatly) says that he is sure that life exists on (some) other planets.
I have never suggested that life like ours would exist elsewhere!

Having said that, if the basic structure of matter - atoms and molecules - exist elsewhere, which I'm sure they do (they certainly do in our solar system), then it is possible that carbon-based life forms can exist elsewhere.

Of course they won't look like us... not like Star Trek, for example, where just about every alien life form possesses two legs and two arms, primarily to accommodate the bodies of the actors playing them!
Interesting thought. 4 limbs. I can't think of any mammal, or bird for that matter, which does not have 4 limbs. Even a whale, if you dissect it, you will find 4 limbs.
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 09:48 PM

Comet!
Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
No, no tail, all comets have a tail.
No, not always and there are times when a comets tail is not visible from earth. Identifying what you saw is often a process of elimination.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

11-01-2021, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Interesting thought. 4 limbs. I can't think of any mammal, or bird for that matter, which does not have 4 limbs. Even a whale, if you dissect it, you will find 4 limbs.
Daleks don't, though I suppose they're not mammals.
Takahashi
United Kingdom

11-01-2021, 10:13 PM

I find it very interesting that we would prefer to believe that there is life on other planets but don't believe in the existence of God. Especially since there will never be any proof that there is life on other planets, and yet, the proof that there may be a God is all around us....In his creations!

Maybe God does exist and life on other planets also exists? Maybe one and the same. Those who believe in God say he is responsible for life on Earth. Whether you believe in the Adam and Eve, or the more scientific Big Bang theory, is not that important. I was brought up to believe in Adam and Eve and that God created the Earth and all that it contains. I no longer believe in this but I do think there is a possibility that life on Earth was created by another lifeform, by leaving a seed, and that lifeform, therefore, is my God.

I think it's possible to believe in God but to detach that belief from Heaven and Hell, Angels and Judgement Day and so on.

Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top