Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 04:37 PM

Advice on Take-away food and supermarket deliveries

From the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-52040138
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 05:37 PM

Re: Advice on Take-away food and supermarket deliveries

We have more or less followed those precautions since the beginning of the first lockdown. Online shopping is left at the entrance to the garage and unpacked while the deliverer stands back. All items are wiped down with Dettol spray before being brought indoors.

Takeaway packaging gets the same treatment. Door handles and anything else that might have got touched get wiped down. Then the hands are washed.

This might be over-cautious but we're kind of used to the procedure now. Could get the virus despite all that.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 10:10 PM

Never bothered to disinfect parcels or packaging, I just avoid touching my face and wash my hands regularly. So far so good, but it's down to personal preference and if it gives peace of mind and something to do during lockdown that's fine.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 11:30 PM

It would certainly be ironic if supermarkets were the most likely place to catch the virus seeing as they were one of the few places to open when we had the first lockdown.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It would certainly be ironic if supermarkets were the most likely place to catch the virus seeing as they were one of the few places to open when we had the first lockdown.
I've noticed supermarkets are more complacent than during the first lockdown. At that time there were all the direction rules and numbers inside were being controlled. The trouble happens when everyone gets too relaxed and stops bothering with any kind of encouragement to follow rules.

They should have marshals in shops that do not work for the company. I've noticed in general that people like to herd together, to get that closeness they are missing. It's natural to do so.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2021, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've noticed supermarkets are more complacent than during the first lockdown. At that time there were all the direction rules and numbers inside were being controlled. The trouble happens when everyone gets too relaxed and stops bothering with any kind of encouragement to follow rules.

They should have marshals in shops that do not work for the company. I've noticed in general that people like to herd together, to get that closeness they are missing. It's natural to do so.
What and take the fun out of shopping in Tesco Annie?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top