Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 10:55 PM

catching covid after vaccine

My friend had her covid vaccine 11 days ago, she got poorly over the weekend and she's tested positive for Covid

The vaccine apparently takes 2 weeks to give immunity, how unlucky is she my poor friend.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 11:07 PM

Re: catching covid after vaccine

That's so unlucky and unfair. I hope she will be ok and wish her a speedy recovery.

They really should communicate the incubation period a bit better. It's not been made a deal of in the news even. Particularly when they will be apparently vaccinating every 45 seconds.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
That's so unlucky and unfair. I hope she will be ok and wish her a speedy recovery.

They really should communicate the incubation period a bit better. It's not been made a deal of in the news even. Particularly when they will be apparently vaccinating every 45 seconds.

I agree Annie.
I think some are under the impression they are safe as soon as they are vaccinated.

Maybe they are not informing the public enough because they don't know themselves for sure?
Maybe we all respond with immunity at different times too? I very much doubt we are all identical in our response.

Queenie, I am so sorry about your friend. I hope she recovers soon.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2021, 11:20 PM

That is grossly unfair, LQ. Your poor friend, I hope she has a very mild form & gets well soon.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 12:33 AM

Let's hope the vaccine has spared her from the more severe effects of Covid.

On the radio this morning they mentioned that the UK vaccination program won't be complete until the end of 2021. it wasn't clear if that was when the country achieves herd immunity or just when the vaccine program finishes.

Australia's program has been brought forward from March to February even though no vaccines have been approved by the TGA as yet.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 01:55 AM

They have said that the inoculation does not mean you should stop ignoring current guidelines,
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 07:26 AM

Thats tough LQ. I hope she is OK.

The UK has done more vaccinations so far than the rest of the EU put together I'm glad about that.....just hope they are effective.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
The UK has done more vaccinations so far than the rest of the EU put together I'm glad about that.....just hope they are effective.
You would have to hope so. Things sound pretty dire in the UK

The media are reporting that in Ireland cases are taking off too
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 10:52 AM

I hope your friend gets well soon LQ
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 10:58 AM

So sorry for your friend Lion Queen. It's my understanding that the vaccine doesn't stop you catching the virus, but it should considerably lesson the severity of the symptoms. When I've had mine (next Monday, yippee) I shan't be doing anything different from my lifestyle (?) atm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top