Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 02:55 PM

MS Office - Word - Not printing specified pages

This has just started happening on Word documents that I have been using for (seemingly) ever.

All have been created/recently read on MS Office 2016 and some have been recently read on MS Office 365.

I cannot print selected pages, e.g. 80-81 or 88-91 - Word takes the request and just ignores it.

I CAN print whole documents or current page.

I have repaired Office 2016 (Quick and Full) and retried but to no avail.

I DO NOT have the problem on MS Excel (2016 or O365) - specified pages print as requested.

Investigations on the internet reveal that this is not an unknown problem but, so far I have not discovered a reason or resolution for this sudden manifestation .....

Has anyone had the same experience and resolved it .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 03:04 PM

Re: MS Office - Word - Not printing specified pages

Just discovered a thread on the MS website

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-cb2e27c8ee9c

It turns out that there is a bug in Word in Version 2012 (Build 13530.20316)* of Microsoft Office that the Product Team are investigating.

I've found that the issue seems to be that in a document with a section break the first section is now "S0", and the second section is "S2" - the result of this is that printing page ranges has been broken thoroughly.
* That is the O365 version of Word that I have installed.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

12-01-2021, 03:45 PM

I'm now chatting to "Nathalie Nicole" at MS about it .....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 04:49 PM

I don't use MS Word any more. Since retiring I've only ever used Open Office Writer, which does more or less exactly what MS Word does only better IMHO and it's free.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

12-01-2021, 05:20 PM

I spent an interesting hour with the charming "Nathalie Nicole" who established a remote session with me and put my PC through its' paces - she found, as I had, that Word documents won't print specific pages so she will forward my case to the investigators .....
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2021, 06:14 PM

I use MS Word Omah and don't have a problem, I just tested it and selected pages printed ok for me.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

12-01-2021, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I use MS Word Omah and don't have a problem, I just tested it and selected pages printed ok for me.
With me, it seemed that documents written using Word2007 and new documents created with Word365 printed selected pages ok but anything written in between didn't ..... and that's most of my stuff .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

13-01-2021, 12:52 AM

Whether it's a solution or a workaround, this seems to work:

https://community.spiceworks.com/top...tom-page-range

For me the problem was due to section breaks in my document.

I had to specify my print range with the following format

pXsY where Y is the section number and X is the page number with in that section ex. p4s7 is the fourth page in section 7 of the document. according to the dialog box this can be done with specific page numbers as well as page ranges ie. p2s4, p3s4, p4s4 or p2s4 - p4s4.
It does seem to be the approved method for documents with section breaks but I've never had to use it before:

How to Print a Range of Pages in a Multi-Section Word Document

https://www.howtogeek.com/367996/how...%2Ddown%20menu.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

15-01-2021, 12:13 PM

I have just heard from Doug Robbins, MVP Office Apps & Services (Word).

I have received advice that the issue has been fixed in Office builds 16.0.13420.20000 and above and Mac builds 16.43.20102000 and above. If you are still experiencing the issue, restarting your Office apps should do the trick.
Tested ..... the "bug" has disappeared .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2021, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I don't use MS Word any more. Since retiring I've only ever used Open Office Writer, which does more or less exactly what MS Word does only better IMHO and it's free.

Thanks Percy. I will give that a try. Been looking for something free since Microsoft stopped me using theirs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top