Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 12:00 PM

New Computer

Hi

I have finally managed to set up my new Lenovo and sync it to most things.

It has been a nightmare.

It is so much better than the old HP.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 12:12 PM

Re: New Computer

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It has been a nightmare.

Ah yes, the horrors of modern technology and trying to sync a new toy can be daunting, even with the promises of various accounts which supposedly do most of that for you but never actually do.

I hope you're feeling a bit better and that your new lappy helps keep you connected and productive.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 12:15 PM

Hi

It has been a nightmare.

A new computer is a revelation - in terms of speed alone, it's like going from a biplane to a jet .....

But, depending on required and potential use, setting up a new computer can be, as you say, a nightmare .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 01:11 PM

Well done Swim, I know you depend on your computer a lot, so it must have been quite a job to get it just how you like it.

I only come on here and do a bit of banking and buying stuff, so when I get a new computer everything gets deleted that I don't need. Sometimes to my cost....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 01:22 PM

Well done Swimmy, I now know who to come to for help if I get a new computer
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
A new computer is a revelation - in terms of speed alone, it's like going from a biplane to a jet .....

But, depending on required and potential use, setting up a new computer can be, as you say, a nightmare .....

Keeps my computer running as fast as day one.

https://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-care-365.html
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
Keeps my computer running as fast as day one.

https://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-care-365.html
How does this compare with CCleaner?
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2021, 05:00 PM

Hi

It has been a nightmare.

SNAP

Just set up my new Lenovo this morning.

No problems at all just had to delete the security that came with it.
digitalham
United Kingdom
digitalham is male  digitalham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 10:14 AM

For those not relishing a change of computer who still have a spinning main disk then swapping to an SSD is pretty easy, cheaper than a new PC and you probably won't believe how much quicker the machine feels.

Part of the "mine's bigger than yours" marketing was to plonk huge disk drives in PCs. Now if you made use of that space and never keep a backup then you will find a direct SSD swap expensive. What you need to consider is using a smaller SSD (120GB is perfectly serviceable but 240/250GB not vastly more expensive) and look at using a USB3 external disk for keeping bulk data. If you have a laptop with USB2 only or no clue how to fit a USB3 card to a desktop without it then maybe flashing the plastic will be your only option.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2021, 10:18 AM

Picking up my new Lenovo tomorrow so will know where to come if I need help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top