Join for free
Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 05:14 PM

Re: Looks Like Boris has Won Already!

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Does that also mean that we shall have no more general elections and that, consequently, we shall not be able to elect the Brexit Party as so many of us hope?
Observing what you lot have made from a simple referendum, any form of election should be denied.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Sorry, but that is not the legal position. The BP will win, little doubt about that. Cancelling the benn act is impossible and unnecessary because it only sees on the date iif october 31. Which by then has passed.
Extension of A50 cannot be repealed unilaterally. It is set in international law and ends with the ratification of a withdrawal deal. Supposing the extension is till 31 december 31 2020, nigel has lots of time to re-negotiate a deal. Or wait for the extension to end. Which gives him time to turn to internal UK matters.
I think THE LAW, as in the lsland of Dr moreau, has ceased to
function any more, and people will now continue to ignore it
or will make up their own bespoke laws to suit themselves as
occasion demands!
If you FA with the people too much everything can gang awry as
Robbie Burns once said?
Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I think THE LAW, as in the lsland of Dr moreau, has ceased to
function any more, and people will now continue to ignore it
or will make up their own bespoke laws to suit themselves as
occasion demands!
If you FA with the people too much everything can gang awry as
Robbie Burns once said?
Donkeyman!
Don't quote burns, or live with the wrath of realist. Burns was a freemason.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2019, 12:49 PM

I'd like to draw the Brexiteers' attention to Nigel Farage's second 'Talk of the Week' cleverly entitled "Extension Rebellion" (presumably poking fun at the latest 'climate change' nutters).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sod...PEcDiAkKa8qHQI

Go on, have a listen. It's less than ten minutes and, as I've said before, Nigel is an excellent speaker - probably better than most we have heard in Parliament for many a year.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

06-10-2019, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'd like to draw the Brexiteers' attention to Nigel Farage's second 'Talk of the Week' cleverly entitled "Extension Rebellion" (presumably poking fun at the latest 'climate change' nutters).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sod...PEcDiAkKa8qHQI

Go on, have a listen. It's less than ten minutes and, as I've said before, Nigel is an excellent speaker - probably better than most we have heard in Parliament for many a year.
Clever speech, in the last two minutes he exchanges the term withdrawal agreement for trade agreement. Putting listeners on the wrong foot. Clever, but no cigar nigel!

Page 13 of 13 « First < 3 11 12 13

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top