Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 10:21 AM

Re: Priority for NHS workers

A couple of weeks ago there had been reports that NHS staff were told to hide badges as they were being mugged for them.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 11:42 AM

NHS have 7:30 to 8 devoted to them every day .? Monday,Wednesday and Friday elderly and disabled only from 8:00-9 at Sainsbury’s and other big names ?
Customer checkouts reduced for protection of staff so we’re being told .
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 11:44 AM

NHS workers and the elderly should feel privileged that they have been given special treatment by the supermarkets because all those who still have to work don't.

I work in a company that does not deal with the public and is small enough in employee numbers that public health guidelines can be enforced, hence we stay open. Not being an NHS worker or considered 'elderly' (still in my 50's), i cannot use the early times in the morning to do my weekly shopping. I cannot do online shopping as there is no slots available. The local supermarkets near me have all decided to close early now, 5pm which happens to be the time i finish work which means the only time and days of the week i can do my shopping is on a saturday and sunday, taking what ever chance i can get of what food happens to be left on the shelves.

I suppose that is the penance I and many more like me who still have to work have to pay for the luxury of still being able to work.

'luxury of working', what a weird line to use at a time like this.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2020, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
NHS have 7:30 to 8 devoted to them every day .? Monday,Wednesday and Friday elderly and disabled only from 8:00-9 at Sainsbury’s and other big names ?
Customer checkouts reduced for protection of staff so we’re being told .
I think the checkouts have been reduced to every other one to keep the queues apart.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top