Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 02:02 PM

Re: My Local NHS

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I don,t think 'Living Longer' is a problem to those of us who have lived longer than we should have but a blessing. I am one of those that is 'living longer' and am thankful to these scientists who developed the drugs that will prolong my life.
"The real problem is that we are all living longer"
No problem to this old duffer!
You dont !mean what l think you mean BB do you??
Regards Donkeyman!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
I don,t think 'Living Longer' is a problem to those of us who have lived longer than we should have but a blessing. I am one of those that is 'living longer' and am thankful to these scientists who developed the drugs that will prolong my life.
"The real problem is that we are all living longer"
No problem to this old duffer!

Yes, you are a grand age Ben, and long may it last.
I think we all are grateful for the medical help we receive too.

What I meant was, 'they' find more and more ways of keeping us all living longer, then complain because there are so many old people and we cost too much in pensions and medical care!
It's as if it's OUR fault we live longer!
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 03:17 PM

Apart from Brexit, Corbyn, Johnson, Swinson and all the rest of the 'mob', The weather, Seas awash with plastic, Doom and gloom in all the papers, Cookery programmes on TV, The Royal Family, East Enders, Having to go for a stroll rather than a brisk walk, Being turned down by the local football team as a 'bit too old'. Having to put the choppers in a mug before getting under the duvet, Life 'aint too bad. I,m enjoying it anyway.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

Although by all accounts you'll have to be patient when trying to get through!
Nice play on words there JBR! It's almost as bad as 'patients would be a virtue'!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2019, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I didn't 'misunderstand. I was clarifying a misconception about the term.

The vast majority of medical notes are paper files. The vast majority of well paid execs in the public and private sector do not see paper at all. They attend meetings, swan around and lead teams. (Or mislead them. In some cases).

Incompetent management is present in every business in this country. See the history of the British steel industry for reference. Toxic cultures can become embedded if organisations are left to their own devices.

But people employed to deal with administration of real paper are the glue holding the system together. When i go to the GP and see how hard the staff work, how much pressure they have to deal with often for little pay then i am really grateful for their contribution.
I defer to your apparently superior knowledge.

Just out of interest, could you let me know when you worked in the NHS and in what capacity, please?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top