Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 11:55 AM

Re: Inguinal Hernia Repair Repair Repeatedly Delayed

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Hope you get it done soon; it must have been terrible for you with all the cancellations.
Many thanks - yesterday was the worst - I was just outside the operating suite and had been "marked-up" by the surgeon .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
This happened to my husband when he was waiting for his knee replacement, in the end we complained to the hospital and ended up talking to the ombudsman, oddly suddenly they had a bed and a surgeon free the next week. Operation went ahead with no more delays. It might be worth trying that Omah CAB has all the information you need or you can google it yourself I think.
Many thanks - I may have to do that - it seems that I am at the top of the list for surgery (because of the delays), but bottom of the list for overnight accommodation (because my condition is minor and not life-threatening) .....
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2019, 12:30 PM

I feel lucky and grateful that my cancer treatment has been quick and mainly trouble free but think that whatever is wrong with you, the treatment can be patchy depending on any number of factors.

I'm sorry you've had such a bad time of it and wish you all he best for some more speedy treatment.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2019, 11:39 PM

Poor you, Omah, that must be awful never knowing whether they will do it this time or not, especially as you got as far as the operating suite.

I do hope you aren't sent away again next time.
Good luck.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

15-03-2019, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Poor you, Omah, that must be awful never knowing whether they will do it this time or not, especially as you got as far as the operating suite.

I do hope you aren't sent away again next time.
Good luck.
Many thanks - Perhaps the bed issue will improve now spring is here and "ailments" decline .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

18-03-2019, 04:41 PM

Good News - I am booked in again (as URGENT) for 9th April .....

Bad News - it's a 7am admission time .....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2019, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->

Still a bit of wait.
Too early, but you might grab a bed this time.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

19-03-2019, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Still a bit of wait.
Too early, but you might grab a bed this time.
If I do, it'll still be warm from the previous occupant .....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2019, 03:42 AM

Good deal. An early admission means your doctor and team are clear-headed, rested, and ready to go. Plus, you'll be able to sleep the rest of the day away. Good luck!

If I do, it'll still be warm from the previous occupant .....
Ewwwww.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

19-03-2019, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Good deal. An early admission means your doctor and team are clear-headed, rested, and ready to go. Plus, you'll be able to sleep the rest of the day away. Good luck!
Many thanks .....

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top