Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:24 AM

Re: Petrol changes

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Have you seen it up your way yet, Foxy?
The bloke in the garage shop said it came into force about three weeks ago.

Here, I've just googled and found this:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...ome-and-abroad
Morning Mupsy.....
No it hasn't got as far as Yorkshire yet, but I'm glad you informed us all...
I also fill up at Tesco (points on me loyalty card..) and it was okay last time I went, but I'm nearly due for another fill up.......so I'll keep you posted....
I don't know if it's my suspicious mind, but I've a feeling it might be a precursor for something more sinister..... And I've a feeling that fuel is going to get a whole lot more expensive....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 10:43 AM

Hi Foxy

This is part of what the government website says:

"
Published 27 February 2019

Department for Transport

Fuel pump. All filling stations to roll out new labels by September 2019

Labels will help motrists pick the right fuel, whilst informing them of the biofuel content of both petrol and diesel
uniform EU-wide labels will prevent drivers from filling up with the wrong fuel abroad

Drivers are set to benefit from new labels to help them to easily identify the right fuel for their vehicle, thanks to new rules being rolled out by the Department for Transport.

The labels, which will be accompanied by a wider public information campaign later this year,"

The last sentence made me laugh, cos no body seems to have seen or heard a darn thing!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 11:11 AM

Lol at the "EU-wide labels".
That means either they are now set for staying in or otherwise come November they'll be spending more billions chaging the labels back again!
What an absolute farce this country is
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
One of my husbands colleagues found that out the hard way when he put a label on the vending machines saying the HC wasn't working, if it wasn't an officially made sign he wasn't allowed to use it.
Of course. We live in a bureaucracy!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Labels will help motrists pick the right fuel, whilst informing them of the biofuel content of both petrol and diesel
Not being an eco-warrior, I don't give a toss about 'biofuel content'!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

30-08-2019, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by floydy ->
lol at the "eu-wide labels".
That means either they are now set for staying in or otherwise come november they'll be spending more billions chaging the labels back again!
What an absolute farce this country is
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2019, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Not being an eco-warrior, I don't give a toss about 'biofuel content'!

You and me both, JBR.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 10:32 AM

I just go for the green pump I am long sighted and can see a flea on the hills but not in front of my nose.
So they can print whatever letters they like on the pumps it is all a blur to me
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2019, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I just go for the green pump I am long sighted and can see a flea on the hills but not in front of my nose.
So they can print whatever letters they like on the pumps it is all a blur to me
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-08-2019, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
You're lucky.

I'm short-sighted and can only see the little letters. Anything further away, like the petrol pumps, is just a blur.

You might ask yourself, why is he even driving?

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top