Join for free
Page 10 of 15 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 08:07 PM

Re: Katie Hopkins in the Supreme Court

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
Similarly there have been calls to let the people decide in a confirmatory referendum which Boris is obviously afraid of. A General Election will not be contested on Brexit alone so the argument that it is a better instrument to resolve the Brexit impasse is weak
Your missing the point, regardless of any devious reasons for Boris wanting to call a General Election and the devious reasons for Corbyn to say NO, it is the fact that a decision was made to allow the people to decide on Brexit and Corbyn said no. That will have huge ramifications for Corbyn.

If you and others have paid attention to what's going on out there in electorate land, there are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of people asking for a general election so us the people can decide on what happens and we've effectively been told NO we can't, the people are not allowed to decide it's own fate.

Listen to radio call in's, read viewers letters posted in the papers, look on the numerous forums that are out there, social media, there is an out pouring of demand from the public that they are given a general election so the people can decide it's fate.

Of course this is going to back fire on Corbyn because Boris has video evidence from the televised PMQ's of him directly asking the opposition leader to honour a general election so the people can decide brexit, then calling him out to be a coward for not agreeing to it. Boris can now keep saying 'i asked Corbyn to let the people decide on Brexit and he said NO'.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
Your missing the point, regardless of any devious reasons for Boris wanting to call a General Election and the devious reasons for Corbyn to say NO, it is the fact that a decision was made to allow the people to decide on Brexit and Corbyn said no. That will have huge ramifications for Corbyn.

If you and others have paid attention to what's going on out there in electorate land, there are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of people asking for a general election so us the people can decide on what happens and we've effectively been told NO we can't, the people are not allowed to decide it's own fate.

Listen to radio call in's, read viewers letters posted in the papers, look on the numerous forums that are out there, social media, there is an out pouring of demand from the public that they are given a general election so the people can decide it's fate.

Of course this is going to back fire on Corbyn because Boris has video evidence from the televised PMQ's of him directly asking the opposition leader to honour a general election so the people can decide brexit, then calling him out to be a coward for not agreeing to it. Boris can now keep saying 'i asked Corbyn to let the people decide on Brexit and he said NO'.
We don't need a confirmatory referendum we just need the people that voted remain to accept the result.

I'm not holding my breath .....
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We don't need a confirmatory referendum we just need the people that voted remain to accept the result.

I'm not holding my breath .....
Are you like Boris running scared that you would lose a confirmatory referendum? If not then what are yo afraid of?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 08:42 PM

Are you like Boris running scared that you would lose a confirmatory referendum? If not then what are yo afraid of?
Would it be exactly the same question as before ? What would be the point of that when we already have the decision

You lost ... massively ...
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Would it be exactly the same question as before ? What would be the point of that when we already have the decision

You lost ... massively ...
You’ve answer my question, you are afraid you’d lose
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

01-10-2019, 08:56 PM

I asked you if it would be exactly the same question

Well ???

Would it ???
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 10:40 PM

Why should we risk anything, we won fair and square???
A referendum would not clean the sewers out, same old
shyte would still be blocking the pipes!
Only an election can flush it all out!!
Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Why should we risk anything,
Donkeyman!
And then YOU blame the opposition for evading an election as long as there is uncertainty about the outcome?
Of course the given reason about no deal is a hoax! No deal brexit, any brexit for that matter, on october 31 is excluded. Prepare to live a 15 month extension (till 31 december 2020).
Banchory
Kent

02-10-2019, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Why should we risk anything, we won fair and square???
A referendum would not clean the sewers out, same old
shyte would still be blocking the pipes!
Donkeyman!
It’s not my about who won it’s about breaking the deadlock which an election is very unlikely to do but which a binding confirmatory referendum certainly would do

I seems that you another who now realises that the people may well have woken up to reality of leaving the EU and are scared that the vote would now be to remain
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2019, 07:47 AM

The majority of remain voters accept the result, they just do not accept that result meant no deal. The process was to agree a deal in the last three years. If the negotiators didn't want a deal to start with then of course their hearts were not in it and David Davis turning up to a meeting with an empty briefcase sums that up. If many leavers do not accept that we should have a deal with the EU then that is why there is such a divide. They are our biggest trading partners. Trade should not be an emotional matter. You make agreements with trading partners, you do not walk away in a huff.

Page 10 of 15 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top