Join for free
Page 15 of 17 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2019, 03:36 PM

Re: Hernia

Only just catching up. That's great news Floydy. Wishing you all the best for your recovery.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 12:01 PM

Sorry folks, I'm just catching up in here.
Thanks for your replies.

It's been 9 days since the operation now and I'm getting used to what I can and cannot do.
The pain is such that anything that requires bending i.e. putting socks on, results in a sharp 'rupture' type pang to the affected area. As if it's creasing the wound, so it's best for me to recline in a chair etc. I have my computer chair positioned very low so that I'm not stooping and keeling my posture straight.
Apart from that I'm doing okay, going for short walks but not lifting anything heavy apart from the kettle! I'm also finding plenty to do with my time, so all's going to plan

As arranged, the pre-op for the left hernia is on the 14th Nov followed by the op 2 weeks after that. The private hospital don't know yet that I've had the other side done, so we'll see what they say about that.
Ideally, I'm hoping they do a 'quick fix' keyhole surgery operation on this one as that will be best in the long run. There's no way I want it shelved and then go through all this again at a later date.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Sorry folks, I'm just catching up in here.
Thanks for your replies.

It's been 9 days since the operation now and I'm getting used to what I can and cannot do.
The pain is such that anything that requires bending i.e. putting socks on, results in a sharp 'rupture' type pang to the affected area. As if it's creasing the wound, so it's best for me to recline in a chair etc. I have my computer chair positioned very low so that I'm not stooping and keeling my posture straight.
Apart from that I'm doing okay, going for short walks but not lifting anything heavy apart from the kettle! I'm also finding plenty to do with my time, so all's going to plan

As arranged, the pre-op for the left hernia is on the 14th Nov followed by the op 2 weeks after that. The private hospital don't know yet that I've had the other side done, so we'll see what they say about that.
Ideally, I'm hoping they do a 'quick fix' keyhole surgery operation on this one as that will be best in the long run. There's no way I want it shelved and then go through all this again at a later date.

Glad to hear you are doing alright Floydy and taking things easy for a while. Try not to rush anything.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Glad to hear you are doing alright Floydy and taking things easy for a while. Try not to rush anything.
Cheers matey
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2019, 04:10 PM

Thanks for keeping us updated Floydy, hope your recovery is swift, and all the best for your future brushes with the surgeon.....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

14-11-2019, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks for keeping us updated Floydy, hope your recovery is swift, and all the best for your future brushes with the surgeon.....
Bit late of me but thanks Bob

Been to the pre-op this morning and the second operation will be going ahead as arranged on the 28th of this month. They were surprised I'd had the other side done but everything is healing up well and so I'm booked in and waiting for the next carve up.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 07:52 PM

Good news that your hernias, are getting sorted, mate, I think I missed how you got on with your hernia op, did you suffer afterwards much?, or did you hardly notice you’d had an op like some?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

14-11-2019, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Good news that your hernias, are getting sorted, mate, I think I missed how you got on with your hernia op, did you suffer afterwards much?, or did you hardly notice you’d had an op like some?
Thanks Primus.
No it was a bit of a pain to be honest, but nothing like the horrible stabbing and discomfort the hernia gave me. When the anaethetic and soreness wore off I was suddenly feeling much better. I'm fine walking around and carrying shopping and all set for some light exercise again.
My boss is great with all of this and doesn't expect me back to work before Christmas, so that's fine wuth me!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 08:32 PM

Sounds good Floydy, all the best with your second operation. You are being missed on the exercise thread.....Get well soon mate..
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2019, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Looks like I've paid the price in the end, Barry. It was enjoyable while it lasted. There's nothing wrong with being fit and healthy though.

Yes, here's hoping
Its not the end Floydy: Get the surgery done pay attention to what your surgeon tells you: if you have patience and don't do anything silly 6 to 8 wks depending on your fitness and follow your doctors advice you will get back to gym work
I snapped the tendon that joins the forearm to the bicep that was back in June I am now back using my weights again it was hard to stay away from my weights but it was worth it.
good luck

Page 15 of 17 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top