Join for free
Page 334 of 370 « First < 234 284 324 332 333 334 335 336 344 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 03:26 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Morning Floydy.....

Ah.... shoes, the most important part of a runners kit.
I like the look of Sketchers Floydy although I've never actually run in a pair. I bought a pair of casuals and they are without doubt one of the most comfortable pair of shoes I have ever owned. However, that might be their downfall, especially for a (a hum) heavier runner. You need cushioning and stability Floydy, and Sketchers seemed a bit, well, flimsy to me but they do have a range of wider shoes though....

For mainly grass look for a stubbly sole with cleets for grip, but they won't be all that comfy for tarmac roads and paths, for those hard surfaces a flattish sole is preferable. I usually go for something in between.

Adidas and Nike still do good running shoes, and after years of testing using the latest technology they probably lead the market on design for the serious runner, but they can be very expensive, and the ones in the local shops are usually for the young poser and not the serious runner.

My brand of preference at the moment are 'New Balance' they do a nice rigid shoe that has good stability and will last a lot longer than your average shoe. You might need to shop around for those Floydy, but well worth the search. It might take a while to find the right shoe, I find that out of all the manufacturers there are only two or three that suit me.

So I would recommend 'New Balance' with a grippy sole but not too bumpy, and a shoe with good stability and cushioned midsole. Cheaper shoes might feel comfy but you will be replacing them every month...I hope this helps, and Good hunting Floydy....
This is excellent, Bob.
Just one more thing is you wouldn't mind though. I have found a link to M&M Direct with lots of New balance trainers and I post it below. Which type of sole on these photos would you say is the best for outdoor running? Sorry to be a pain mate!
https://www.mandmdirect.com/01/new-balance

Minus two and a thick layer of frost was waiting for me as I stepped out of the door at first light this morning, on my landmark run....
The freezing temperatures didn't provide me with any problems, in fact quite the contrary, the going was firm and any standing water had a layer of ice on top so no wet feet....

No tiredness in the legs and they felt good and strong most of the way round. I say 'Most' the last mile was a struggle but I managed to hang on and complete a useful five miler that takes me over 1000 miles for this year....
Job Done....

1000.9 MILES
Fabulous work on your run today bud. A lesser man would wither and ie in this cold!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 09:00 PM

No problem Floydy, have a look at the write up for these 860v9's
I bought a pair but have not run in them yet...

Comfortable Upper
Fortunately, the 860v9 features an upper that's both comfortable and secure, utilizing a heel counter that helps lock a runner's foot in place and a mesh/synthetic upper that's snugly wraps the midfoot. “My foot felt very secure in the shoe,” one wear tester said.22 Feb 2019
New Balance 860v9 Review - Moderate Stability Shoe Review
https://www.runnersworld.com › gear › new-balance-860v9-review

Most of the shoes on your link Floydy were light racing/posing shoes, best avoided. The best pair I saw (without actually holding them in my hand) were the M870 V5's more stability but unfortunately more expensive. I personally avoid anything less than £35 and above £80 ...

Google a pair of New Balance 860 v9's Floydy, a pair I have held in my hand and finally purchased them...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 09:06 PM

No problem Floydy, have a look at the write up for these 860v9's
I bought a pair but have not run in them yet...

Comfortable Upper
Fortunately, the 860v9 features an upper that's both comfortable and secure, utilizing a heel counter that helps lock a runner's foot in place and a mesh/synthetic upper that's snugly wraps the midfoot. “My foot felt very secure in the shoe,” one wear tester said.22 Feb 2019
New Balance 860v9 Review - Moderate Stability Shoe Review
https://www.runnersworld.com › gear › new-balance-860v9-review

Most of the shoes on your link Floydy were light racing/posing shoes, best avoided. The best pair I saw (without actually holding them in my hand) were the M870 V5's more stability but unfortunately more expensive. I personally avoid anything less than £35 and above £80 ...

Google a pair of New Balance 860 v9's Floydy, a pair I have held in my hand and finally purchased them...
Excellent Bod, thanks for this
I'll probably seek them out in local stores (maybe Sports Direct?) rather than order them online as I should try them on before I buy them.
I'll get sorted this week hopefully but won't be running outdoors until January as planned, when all my hernia issues are sorted out.
Cheers buddy!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2019, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Excellent Bod, thanks for this
I'll probably seek them out in local stores (maybe Sports Direct?) rather than order them online as I should try them on before I buy them.
I'll get sorted this week hopefully but won't be running outdoors until January as planned, when all my hernia issues are sorted out.
Cheers buddy!
Sports Direct are an excellent source of decent running shoes Floydy, I've had some good shoes off them in the past, and not too expensive. I'm not sure they stock New Balance but they have plenty of Nike and Adidas.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

20-11-2019, 09:14 AM

Sports Direct are an excellent source of decent running shoes Floydy, I've had some good shoes off them in the past, and not too expensive. I'm not sure they stock New Balance but they have plenty of Nike and Adidas.
Sorry to call you "Bod", Bob...finger trouble!

I've been pricing up the New balance 860v9 shoe on the net and they are quite pricey but if they support my feet then I wouldn't be too bothered about that. Sports Direct stock NB but I'm not sure about that particular style. I need to go in and have a look and try them on, or similar ones. I do like the look of them though

Looking at my three pairs of gym trainers, one is Nike and they are fine for general 'trainer wear' and the others are both Sketchers. One of those are black and the gym staff don't like people wearing black-soled trainers because they say it damages the floors! The other pair, now I look, are actually classed as running shoes and they are the ones I used when I'm on the treadmill and doing other gym stuff.

What I'm getting at here though is although these running shoes, my other main concern is that they all have a 'breathable' upper which is great for ventilation and keeping the feet cool, but I'm predicting that they have the downside of getting very wet as moisture from wet grass and of course, rain, would cause the shoes to get really 'manky' wouldn't it? How do you clean your trainers as a matter of interest. Bob.

Sorry to be a real pain about this but it's a long time since I used to run and in those days I would just wear my basic trainers and I mostly ran up the hills in Lincoln for the bodybuilding side of things, doing a few miles afterwards on pavements, so it wasn't so much soft ground as concrete-based, therefore I could just leave the shoes as they were. i.e. The uppers were basically plastic/rubber, not canvas.

I will go to Sports Direct to begin with and hopefully they have someone there to advise me who knows their stuff as I'll be asking them these same questions. Hopefully I'll get time either later on today or tomorrow as I'm booking the USA trip this morning.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 02:05 PM

It's taken a long time but the aerobics instructor at the pool is finally getting interested in Float Yoga. I would love to do a couple of classes a week of this.....Looks so much fun.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
It's taken a long time but the aerobics instructor at the pool is finally getting interested in Float Yoga. I would love to do a couple of classes a week of this.....Looks so much fun.
That looks interesting, and good fun!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

20-11-2019, 03:57 PM

That's it Roxy, I'm off down to our local pool with Mrs Foxes chopping board even as we speak....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 04:47 PM

I'd spend most of my time finding different ways to fall off my float and embarrassing myself. But once I found my centre balance......We'd be giving it the zoomies.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2019, 05:15 PM

That's it Roxy, I'm off down to our local pool with Mrs Foxes chopping board even as we speak....

Page 334 of 370 « First < 234 284 324 332 333 334 335 336 344 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top