Join for free
Page 4 of 49 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 08:41 AM

Re: Over 50's Wales club (Part 4)

Jaw not so sore this morning, so fingers crossed I can make it to Monday. Another grey morning here. Washing in the machine and we'll drive up to Leominster to Morrisons for shopping and lunch.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 12:29 PM

My "bug" was just a 24 hr one so all well again. Hope your jaw waits until Monday Sue
Its overcast here and didn't know what to wear when I popped to Mumbles earlier but its quite warm .
I have 3 watches on the go and all batteries decided to pack up together so had to go to cobbler to fit new one. There was a sale on in Whitfords because they are closing so I treated myself to new pair of sandals . Hope summer stays around for a bit now lol
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 12:25 PM

Was out with friends yesterday for lunch, then my niece came down with her little boy and her niece who is six months old, they stayed overnight and the house is now quiet with out them.
Nimby
Cardiff UK
Nimby is female  Nimby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 12:52 PM

Early start for a dentist app this morning.....all ok..
Learnt today that friends of mine have separated after 30yrs....no one else involved.....thought something was up as FB comments by the wife were setting off alarm bells
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 01:28 PM

Sad after so long Nimby but we never know how people are behind closed doors
Sunshine and showers here . Its the Mumbles Fiesta tonight and the road is closed with lots of stalls etc . I'm trying to persuade myself to go
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 07:14 PM

Nimby my next door neighbours have separated none of us know why but the husband is still in the house and the wife and their daughters are staying some here else. Turned out quite nice here today after a damp start.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2015, 11:05 PM

You're right about the closed doors Jac. Never forgotten the shock when my neighbours were divorced (many years ago). Mind you, the husband had a shock too - he found out she had divorced him when he read about it in the paper! Funny thing was, for years afterwards they continued to live under the same roof...........................

Had a busy day today with the little boys - and the puppy. Only one little puddle though, he learns quick that little pup!

Painter is supposed to come tomorrow to do barge boards and soffits and all external doors. Don't know how much he can do 'cos the forecast is terrible, rain all day.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2015, 08:35 AM

What's happened to our Summer?!Another rainy morning.
Going to friend's Golden Wedding Anniversary this evening.I've known her since we were in infant school together,lost touch for a few years but caught up again about 30yrs ago!
Jac
Wales UK

24-07-2015, 11:17 AM

Its a miserable one here as well
I did force myself to the Mumbles Fiesta last night . What a waste of time . We went down on the 4 pm bus because the road was closed from 5 til 10 ,We sat in the White Rose waiting for things to start .There were hundreds of people there and we got money out of cashpoint and didn't spend a bean . They were making pizzas in a small oven but they were between £5 and £7 for a small burnt offering ,hardly any stalls , the vintage cars numbered 3 and the parade was 5 people in costumes milling about . No music, no food nor drink stalls to speak of so we sat on a wall feeling chilly and gave up and got a taxi back to the Newton Inn and got a snack there
We heard there was a drug raid at a house in Newton village the night before, armed police and helicopters . Whats going on lol
Sweetsue
midWales

24-07-2015, 07:30 PM

Cor! That was exciting Jac. Drug raid in Newton, whatever next!!

It's been a ghastly day here, poured all day. Not only wet, but cold too. Needless to say the painter phoned to say he wasn't coming! He should be here tomorrow though, the forecast is good.

Have started another piece of tapestry for the Vicar's seat in Church. If it works out OK I'll do another for the Curate's. A friend gave me a piece of canvas that is enough for both and I'm collecting up the wool left over from the kneelers and using that. Next problem is finding foam to put inside it. Looked online and the foam is cheap enough but the carriage charge is exorbitant! How ridiculous.

Page 4 of 49 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top