Join for free
Page 151 of 737 « First < 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 651 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 11:45 PM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
People who talk 'baby talk' to my cats!
A little joke from one of my friends.
"I was out with my dog, Fido. I heard a woman talking to her cats as if they were human. Fido and I went home and had a good laugh about it."
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2018, 11:57 PM

Hangovers.
Will I ever learn????
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Pug, is rope and sheet still relevant.

Tautliners were the kiss of death for real trampers.
Too right it is,Spitty! FAR too many kids today are taking their HGV1 tests in automatic trucks,pulling nothing but freezers or containers. I very often get asked [usually by gen-haul firms] to show their new drivers how to rope & sheet,how to use 'dollies' for tightening,the differences between single dolly,dual dolly,sliding dolly,tackle dolly,etc. Invariably,if I stand and watch at point of loading,two things happen.
1/the wimps can't shoulder a sheet up onto the load
2/once the sheet is up,they invariably unroll the front sheet first.
The other thing that's becoming a lost skill is folding the sheet so it unrolls in position on the load...you wouldn't believe the number of ties that get caught,cut,ripped out or just ignored as some container-driving 22yo dork tells me ''They ain't important''. I still,in this 21st century,as a favour,drive a flatbed artic to Bury St Edmunds,to collect 400 1cwt bags of horse feed from the sugar mill,which I handball on,then it's roped & sheeted,before being taken to three stables in/around Essex.
The kids won't-that's REFUSE-to do that work. They're good at pulling boxes,but crap at being truckers,mate. I know-I get reminded all the time by other truckers-that I have degrees in subjects not pertinent to trucking. BUT...I've taken trucks all over Europe,across Russia,plus driven the ice roads of Alaska.
It's trucks that gave me those adventures,NOT my degree in physics. Long live the tramper,Spitty!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
"I was out with my dog, Fido. I heard a woman talking to her cats as if they were human. Fido and I went home and had a good laugh about it."
Now that made me laugh...I had to explain it to the cats though....
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 05:26 AM

Well,one of my dogs,who's name is 'WOOF' asked me who in his right mind would call his dog 'Fido'!

[yes,'Woof' IS his real name]
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Nice one!

I often talk to the cats - but they are deeply intellectual conversations - not baby talk - I don't even do that to babies!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 07:42 AM

I asked next doors cat if it was sitting on the fence, to deliberately antagonise my dog, needless to say, it refused to Purrsue the conversation.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 08:32 AM

Hi

The Local Prats.

Wearing a hoodie with a back to front Baseball hadt does not make you invincible.

It does not make you a hard nut, it just makes you look stupid.

Telling the Pretendies, all born here, to F++k off back to Poland

A 20 year old man, never done a days work in his his life, threatening a 9 year old girl?

Is that what we have become?

I want no part of that at all.

I am not a paragon of virtue myself.

I do try to be reasonable with everyone, I can take take all kinds of insults myself, water off a ducks back.

Make the littlies cry and I am a complete nightmare.

This is not where we should be, it is not part of Brexit.

No Bugga has a right to threaten littlies, if they do, then sorry, I will respond in kind.

I will also win, 40 odd years in Enforcement gives one a certain advantage against a Hoodie.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Nice one!

I often talk to the cats - but they are deeply intellectual conversations - not baby talk - I don't even do that to babies!
My two communicate without talking, they just use their minds to control me.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2018, 12:32 PM

Going out to a party tonight and needing a plain long sleeved shirt to wear with a bow tie (all mine have got patterns on them). I hate wearing long-sleeved shirts 'cos I dare not bend my arms in them!
It's all very short notice and not organised on my part, so it's a trip required to Asda or Matalan to buy something basic that does the job.

Page 151 of 737 « First < 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 201 251 651 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top