Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2019, 11:19 PM

Re: Women's World Cup

Everything that could have gone wrong for England, did. Sloppy defending for both USA goals, a missed penalty, a goal chalked for offside by a fingernail, a sending off, and most importantly, beaten by the better side. The US must be hot favourites to win the cup on Sunday.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:08 AM

I watched it...I thought the USA deserved to win but our girls really tried hard...it wasn't their day ....that penalty I was so hoping it would go in....oh well
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:13 AM

Maybe our Ladies were playing Football, and the Yank Lasses were playing Soccer?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 07:31 AM

I’ve watched most of the World Cup and whenever I’ve seen the USA, I’ve always thought that they are going to win it again, they just seem to work harder on the pitch, and look the most accomplished team, they are supremely fit, and I can’t see either Sweden, or the Netherlands beating them, our girls gave the USA a run for their money though, although this World Cup has done so much for women’s football, it will inspire the next generation of women footballers all over the world..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by John ->
Everything that could have gone wrong for England, did. Sloppy defending for both USA goals, a missed penalty, a goal chalked for offside by a fingernail, a sending off, and most importantly, beaten by the better side. The US must be hot favourites to win the cup on Sunday.
I didn't see the match but have been watching it on the news all morning. What's strange is that they haven't mentioned the sending off at all.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I didn't see the match but have been watching it on the news all morning. What's strange is that they haven't mentioned the sending off at all.
The referee showed the player a second yellow card near the end, before being told, I assume by headphone, that she had to go. The refereeing in the competition has certainly not been up to snuff.:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/r...ight-nrks3k3nf
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why ???
https://footballnewspapers.com/us-so...e-no-interest/
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 01:29 PM

VAR video assisted refereeing is too slow, took ages for the decision to give a penalty to England.
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2019, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
VAR video assisted refereeing is too slow, took ages for the decision to give a penalty to England.
It was a crucial decision. They had to have a good look at it. Personally I did not think it was a penalty. Also with the offside goal it needed a closer look. Very marginal.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

03-07-2019, 02:37 PM

I do not think it will be so popular in the Premier League, starting this season. Too long a delay will not go down well with fans.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top