Join for free
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2013, 11:38 AM

Re: The new baby's 'grandparents!

A French journalist was interviewed he said our royals are like gold dust to the French as they have nothing even remotely like them over there, couldn't help thinking if they hadn't beheaded them they would still have their own. A Spanish journalist was saying ours were the only real royals left, no other country has a true royal family as they all end up as dictators or deposed.

We should IMO value them more we seem to be envied world wide for our royal family.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2013, 11:43 AM

I've just heard a French bloke being interviewed (on Yahoo) and he said 'we done unerstan why you get so excited over thees but we are pleaset for you' (not verbatim and written in a very bad French accent )
Markey
Kent, UK
Markey is female  Markey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2013, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
The difference here there is quite a story regarding his real grandmother, and when he is old enough to understand, I don't think he will think much of Camilla or Charles.
We shal see over time.
When William’s son is older he will know that Charles resumed his affair with Camilla while he was married to Diana. And that Diana had affairs with Barry Mannakee, David Waterhouse, James Gilbey, Oliver Hoare, Doctor Hasnar Khan and a well know sportsman while she was married to Charles (Bryan Adams and Dodi Fayed came after the divorce)

I don’t suppose any of the above will worry him in the least.
Markey
Kent, UK
Markey is female  Markey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2013, 12:12 PM

Diana died in a car crash when her sons were aged 15 and 12. William has already lived half his life without Diana. It has been widely reported that William and Harry have a very good relationship with Camilla.

Yet there are people who don’t seem to want William and Harry to be fond of their step- mother. I simply cannot see why such people have this attitude. Would they prefer the young men to dislike Camilla? WHY?
Markey
Kent, UK

24-07-2013, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I am sure Camilla will make a wonderful loving Grandmother and that is all that matters as far as I am concerned.
Totally agree!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2013, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Markey ->
When William’s son is older he will know that Charles resumed his affair with Camilla while he was married to Diana. And that Diana had affairs with Barry Mannakee, David Waterhouse, James Gilbey, Oliver Hoare, Doctor Hasnar Khan and a well know sportsman while she was married to Charles (Bryan Adams and Dodi Fayed came after the divorce)

I don’t suppose any of the above will worry him in the least.
I really hope what I say never comes over like that, I just don't particularly want her and him on the throne, William so far seems to be a far better man than his father.

I hope the family are very happy, doesn't make me feel any better about what went before although I concede Camilla is more likeable and dignified than I thought she would be.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2013, 12:42 PM

The reason Camilla is 'more' likeable is because she has gotton older - and, is mindful how she comes across - not to my liking at all - sure, she cares ....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2013, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Markey ->
Diana died in a car crash when her sons were aged 15 and 12. William has already lived half his life without Diana. It has been widely reported that William and Harry have a very good relationship with Camilla.

Yet there are people who don’t seem to want William and Harry to be fond of their step- mother. I simply cannot see why such people have this attitude. Would they prefer the young men to dislike Camilla? WHY?
Matters not a jot - how they get on with her - its Diana thats in their hearts and 'please' remember - it was Charles and C that had the affair that continued on the wedding day ! Thats what drove Diana over the edge !
Dee
Hamilton, Canada
Dee is female  Dee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2013, 12:52 PM

Yes, but as someone has stated earlier, Diana also had her share of "affairs"...I agree, Charles never should have been involved with Camila, but im sure Diana had some affairs during the marriage as well, fault of Charles or not.....but, the point here is, as someone has said, William and Harry are now content with their step-mother, have come to adore her. Their mother Diana will never be replaced in their hearts, but Camilla is the now, and Diana is the past. Camilla is in every right, this child's grandmother, as they have accepted her as their "mother"...im sure she will be a loving grandparent to this royal baby. Give her a chance folks! Afterall, we all make mistakes, this is life! Dee
Dee
Hamilton, Canada
Dee is female  Dee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2013, 12:54 PM

or...maybe they do not think of her as a "mother" but, they do adore her, and her and Charles are the babies rightful grandparents, along with the Middletons..

Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top