Join for free
Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2014, 05:40 PM

Re: Is being liked and fitting in important to you?

Having just moved and only back online today I seem to be OK with the locals. I say hello,make a fuss of their dogs and tell them the sheets I have for curtains is being sorted
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2014, 05:42 PM

I don't really care what others think, I tend not to mix a great deal anyway so that limits any situations where it might occur.

I've done a few daft things in the past so I prefer to stay out of the spotlight nowadays!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2014, 05:50 PM

I don't feel I have to 'fit in' anywhere with Anyone..Folks like Me or They don't,no big deal..What's most important to Me is I like and respect Myself.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2014, 06:09 PM

I'm a sociable person and like to have contact with other humans ,Yes I do like to be liked and i do want to fit in , but its not worked out like that in my life...I rather think my face don't fit ,Ive become accustomed to it now.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2014, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Having just moved and only back online today I seem to be OK with the locals. I say hello,make a fuss of their dogs and tell them the sheets I have for curtains is being sorted
Wise move
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

12-11-2014, 06:19 PM

The weird thing is that people seem to want to know me for some strange reason. On my three daily walks people like to engage me in conversation. Passing cars slow down and the occupants wave to me, many of whom I don't recognise!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2014, 06:20 PM

Yes - it is weird ........
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2014, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I'm a sociable person and like to have contact with other humans ,Yes I do like to be liked and i do want to fit in , but its not worked out like that in my life...I rather think my face don't fit ,Ive become accustomed to it now.

Well I like you.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

12-11-2014, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Well I like you.
Same here - she's a great gal
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2014, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by comeandgo ->

I have been told many times that I am a one off. My family believe me to be a senile eccentric, so I must be doing something right! I wouldn't want to be any different, how about you?
I enjoy the company of other people, so yes I like to fit in if possible. However - I'm not afraid to stand alone if an occasion warrants it.

Have you got a softer side C&G? I'd love to see it.

Page 2 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top