Join for free
Page 3 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 06:24 PM

Re: Air Crash ( Breaking News )

I look at it this way...a person who is suicidal wants to kill himself and there are many ways to achieve that, mass murder is not one of them and seemingly this was mass murder.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 06:27 PM

My thoughts if it was terrorist linked went back to Anders Behring Breivik in Norway.

But to be honest 'tis best not to speculate.
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
My thoughts if it was terrorist linked went back to Anders Behring Breivik in Norway.

But to be honest 'tis best not to speculate.
But to be honest 'tis best not to speculate

Yes.. See what the investigation finds
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Agent ->
But to be honest 'tis best not to speculate

Yes.. See what the investigation finds
The investigation has already found and announced that the main pilot was locked out of the cockpit.

Only two conclusions to that statement.

First... The second pilot wanted to kill him self.

Second... the second pilot pass out.

Did read that because of this at least one European Airline will be adopting the American regulations "Two persons in the cockpit at all times"

What did annoy were the reports that some of the News media were asking about the Co Pilots religion.
Agent
north east
Agent is male  Agent has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
The investigation has already found and announced that the main pilot was locked out of the cockpit.

Only two conclusions to that statement.

First... The second pilot wanted to kill him self.

Second... the second pilot pass out.

Did read that because of this at least one European Airline will be adopting the American regulations "Two persons in the cockpit at all times"

What did annoy were the reports that some of the News media were asking about the Co Pilots religion.
I'm afraid the way the world is at the moment that's inevitable .
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 07:23 PM

Yes I think it probably is inevitable, when I heard his name I registered that too and it's an inevitable result of what has happened in Paris etc.
It is possible that this young mans had the balance of his mind disturbed for a completely different reason.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 07:24 PM

Reports state that the co pilot could be heard breathing normally. As for mentioning religion, it is of great importance these days, so of course it will be mentioned. As has already been mentioned, if he wanted to kill himself he could have done so without murdering innocent people.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Reports state that the co pilot could be heard breathing normally. As for mentioning religion, it is of great importance these days, so of course it will be mentioned. As has already been mentioned, if he wanted to kill himself he could have done so without murdering innocent people.
I imagine anyone who's contemplating suicide is not really capable of rational thought so would he think of other peoples' lives? Who knows...
I'm afraid in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, terrorism was the first thing I thought of.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I imagine anyone who's contemplating suicide is not really capable of rational thought so would he think of other peoples' lives? Who knows...
I'm afraid in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, terrorism was the first thing I thought of.
Agree, particularly with the bit in bold. There have been documented pilot suicides where passengers have also lost their lives. But I must admit I also think either terrorist or just severely unbalanced. I got annoyed when the US was saying almost immediately that it was not terrorism - as if they know everything!
The whole thing is so hard to comprehend, and at the moment my heart goes out particularly to the co-pilot's parents. I cannot imagine how any parent begins to deal with first the grief, and then the transition from that to realising that your own son did this deliberately. I bet they are feeling very isolated right now.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2015, 08:29 PM

Yes, the devastation must be immense and the realisation that it was a deliberate act must be very, very hard to live with.

Page 3 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top