Join for free
Page 295 of 1676 « First < 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 305 345 395 795 1295 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2017, 11:28 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

no??????????????????????????????????
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 06:40 PM

Well thanks anyway for telling me all that brewing stuff Gummy, I shall store that infermentation for use when all me brass is spent.
No sign of it running out yet, though I’m doing me best not to leave it behind.
God bless this government, they are very kind, every Friday they ask me to go to my local post office where they will be giving out free money, all they ask is my autograph on a small electric screen and then the lovely girl smiles at me, asks me how I’m feeling today, and hands me lots of brand new notes, the same with the wife who’s day is Thursday.
I mean where would you get it, and we don’t have do a hands turn, except signing your name of course. Yes you can’t beat the old country for looking after it’s old folks, I’ll give them that if nothing else.
Seriously, the contributory old age pension is a very good thing, I hope it will still be in place when my grandkids reach retiring age.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 09:57 PM

I remember a Train Driver who all his life aspired to retirement, on the State Pension, one day I asked him why this was the case, he said Spitty, me old mucker, who would not want to be paid, for doing "Chuff" all.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 10:05 PM

sometimes spittie I think there he goes again the light of our lives then I yarns and the wife says gummy I don't know who ya talkin to but put out the light!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2017, 10:20 PM

You just tell her Gummy, there is much to know, but, no need to know it.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

04-09-2017, 11:17 PM

better not spittie she keeps on commenting are you going to talk to your imaginary friend spittie again - I say he's not imaginary he's real - she says well prove it then!! - please step out of the shadows spittie just for 2 mins so she can see you!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

04-09-2017, 11:28 PM

you may be interested in this story as Jem often says but if ya not who gives a feck - so here we go - there was i the other day watching one of my favorite tracks of heartbeat - on my 8th run of the series now. when low and behold at a sad part which was bringin a few tears to me eyes I hears Joe Cocker singin Let it Be - and very beautifully too - much better than Sir Paul in my opinion [another paul eh but I digress]

so I mentioned it to the lad on the phone and dates came into the conversation [we are both aficiandos of the singers and song and era - I've taught him everything he knows but he does like to think sometimes he knows more than I!!]

any old ow - I gave him the url and said it was 1969 rendering - he comes back a day or two later can''t be Da ya wrong the Beatles didn't release it until 1970. Ok says I - I'll double check for ya - I did of course and he was wrong of course and then he says - bloody hell the beatles must have given Joe that song to release himself before they did - well it was then I howled with laughter but then had another thought - I could just hear John of the Lennon saying to Paul - Paul there are kid are la we don't want none of that religious stuff on our LP's about mother mary and all that twaddle!

there got that off me chest now -over to you lads!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 03:00 AM

Pardon?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

05-09-2017, 07:10 AM

Songs are scary, and folks should note the lyrics, in 1969, I listened to the Hollies, when they told me, the road is long, from which there is no return, sensibly, I've made a point of living in a Cul De Sac ever since.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Songs are scary, and folks should note the lyrics, in 1969, I listened to the Hollies, when they told me, the road is long, from which there is no return, sensibly, I've made a point of living in a Cul De Sac ever since.
Yes the hollies can lead you astray Spitty.
I was so infatuated with that girl in the song that I nicked a Bus Stop and stuck it outside my house, but the girl never showed up.

Well like I always said Gummy, I’m not very religious, having words like immaculate conception, sanctifying grace, and the virgins who woke up and trimmed their lamps, and the foolish virgins who didn’t, what the hell was that all about? it was all drummed into me at the tender age of seven or eight, I hadn’t the foggiest what they were talking about, then you begin to think the church are brainwashing you and keeping all the good bits for themselves on a need to know basis all the way up to the pope, didn’t Jesus say we’re all in this together, you never see a skinny bishop as me granny used to say, why do you think they wear the thick sashes around their overfed fat bellies?
Anyway I do love that song, it’s comforting, and wouldn’t it be nice if we really had a powerful mother watching over us, who really knows, maybe we have.
Fair play to the young lad, my young lad (he’s 48 now but still me young lad) is always trying to catch me out, but he’d want to get up early for that. My regards to him and your good lady.

Page 295 of 1676 « First < 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 305 345 395 795 1295 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top