Join for free
Page 343 of 1676 « First < 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 393 443 843 1343 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 02:04 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
You can't beat sticking some Jam up yer arse, and blowing a Raspberry.
haven't you got some concrete to cut that usually gets ya bum sticking up a bit - don't worry sweetie they are trying to test out ya metal!! as for that RJ he comes at ya like a slobering great dane!! - but he is I hear a wonderful dancer on ice!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 02:15 AM

sweetie now wait until you meet Pug a purrrect gentleman who has a mensahab to keep him in order - have you anymore friends that would like to come in too - the more the merrier - we have a few treats coming up

1. a day out to watch spittie cutting his concrete [ goggles and dust drops will be provided ] and he may at the same time do his fart of the march of the grenadaires

2. a ramble aroun old dublin town with Jem pointing out interesting cemetries; convents and where he went to school I believe last year the group were delirious

3. pushing robert in his wheelchair of course around the great lakes of hampshire - unfortunately last year he took a tumble into one! but nurse vivian will be by his side this year

pug - ah- very exciting ride around old anglia on an earth mover - very moving - spittie fell off last year

and finally a tour around the kimberley where I live well one of those artificial tours by video but you will see me waving from 10 000 feet

and as we speak the planning committee have heads down and bums up thinkin of more charming experiences for the new year!
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 10:24 AM

Jem has hit upon a revolting new development ** in modern times.
From the net……….
“The law of unintended consequences, often cited but rarely defined, is that actions of people—and especially of government—always have effects that are unanticipated or unintended. Economists and other social scientists have heeded its power for centuries; for just as long, politicians and popular opinion have largely ignored it.”

**Apologies to William Bendix (Life of Riley 1945-1951)
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
haven't you got some concrete to cut that usually gets ya bum sticking up a bit - don't worry sweetie they are trying to test out ya metal!! As for that rj he comes at ya like a slobering great dane!! - but he is i hear a wonderful dancer on ice!
woof woof !!
Robert Jnr.
UK

12-11-2017, 10:52 AM

haven't you got some concrete to cut that usually gets ya bum sticking up a bit - don't worry sweetie they are trying to test out ya metal!! as for that RJ he comes at ya like a slobering great dane!! - but he is I hear a wonderful dancer on ice!
Gummy, the ice skating was i thought, confidential, you know how modest I am about uncle Vivian & his discovery of
Pearl & Dean, so ably coached by him, their pinnacle routine being WILLIAM TELL OVERTURE. They were going to do BOLERO, but decided it was too repetitive.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 01:28 PM

Goodness, you lot, what vivid imaginations.
I would ask Jem to pop down O'Connell street for me, there is an American Burger Bar there called Eddie Rockets, I would like one of those chocolate milkshakes, please. I know they are pricey, that is why the locals call the place empty pockets.

Now I have figure out where the rest of you live.
Bring friends!!!!
I will have to think about that.
PS. I hope you are wearing your poppies today.

I was drinking last night, so I best shake this hangover off.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 07:41 PM

Ah be gosh and begorra. sure aren’t ye the grand man for organising the outings Gummy, bless your sweet soul.
You reminded me of when I was driving the tour bus around the city many years ago, I didn’t last long in the job, not because I didn’t know the places of historical interest but I had the devil of a job remembering the names of the famous characters involved.
One day when we were nearing the tours end we had to pass St. Steven’s Green, well known as a place where the rebels held out in the 1916 rising “And now folks we are passing the famous Steven’s Green” says I. As we passed a huge statue on the Baggot Street side of the Green one American lady yells out to me “Say driver, who’s that big guy in that statue?’ “Ah sure that’ll be Steven Green himself ma’am”
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

12-11-2017, 09:11 PM

ah to be sure to be sure and to be sure - do you think he was related to robert shaw a damned fine actor to be shaw!

sweetie pie if ya keep shakin like that ya two piece will become a non-piece - keep shakin SP

RJ your comments about the law of unintended consequences - an extremely apt one here - I agree that politicians see to ignore things but the truth is they really don't give a bugger

my apologizes RJ about the ice skating but I do love to see you doing a piroet - you look like a chinese stork on take off!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

12-11-2017, 09:16 PM

I couldn't make it to a cenataph memorial this year - buggered me knee up and confined to crutchers and light duties - I should have made the effort I probably would have got a standing ovation. but a mate of mine commented on what he thought was the hyprocricy of attending these events and then going off for a 'piss up' - I disagreed of course and said well they had acknowledged their mates and were now having a drink on them - a very british tradition
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2017, 09:22 PM

I couldn't make it to a cenataph memorial this year - buggered me knee up and confined to crutchers and light duties - I should have made the effort I probably would have got a standing ovation. but a mate of mine commented on what he thought was the hyprocricy of attending these events and then going off for a 'piss up' - I disagreed of course and said well they had acknowledged their mates and were now having a drink on them - a very british tradition
It certainly is a British tradition.
Sorry about your knee gumbud.
I am cross with Jem, he never brought my milk shake.

Page 343 of 1676 « First < 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 393 443 843 1343 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top