Join for free
Page 245 of 276 « First < 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 255 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 12:08 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

I'm already worried about the appointments - why couldn't they be on the same day?

The free headphones I got yesterday have assuaged my urge to buy something new - it's got to the stage where I just don't need anything, I've got everything I need apart from some new shoes. I may take a taxi down to Ocean Terminal shopping centre later today though. They have an M & S so at least I can buy some food. There is also a shoe shop there so I'll wait and see if there's anything I like. If I do buy new shoes I want them to match my other clothes. I tend to stick to black. I've got blue suede shoes I've hardly worn. I've also got a pair of green suede shoes by Ted Baker which I got in a sale at TK Maxx, reduced from £139 to £37. I've worn these about twice. And that was around 3 years ago.

But I need something nice, tough and practical. I've got a pair of black shoes I just don't like because they are slightly big despite having two of those spongy things you put in your shoes, insoles? There's nothing worse than having shoes that hurt or just don't fit with your attire. You'll know all about shoes, Sweetie.

I recently bought another watch, a shaver and a new vaper. It's so easy for me to buy things. I recently returned a £1700 Tag Carrera to the jewellers I bought it from. It broke after just 6 months - it wouldn't wind properly. You would expect it not to break down after just 6 months. You could say watches are my hobby, but I have about 7 of them now. It's the same with clocks...I have about 7 of those also.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I'm already worried about the appointments - why couldn't they be on the same day?

The free headphones I got yesterday have assuaged my urge to buy something new - it's got to the stage where I just don't need anything, I've got everything I need apart from some new shoes. I may take a taxi down to Ocean Terminal shopping centre later today though. They have an M & S so at least I can buy some food. There is also a shoe shop there so I'll wait and see if there's anything I like. If I do buy new shoes I want them to match my other clothes. I tend to stick to black. I've got blue suede shoes I've hardly worn. I've also got a pair of green suede shoes by Ted Baker which I got in a sale at TK Maxx, reduced from £139 to £37. I've worn these about twice. And that was around 3 years ago.

But I need something nice, tough and practical. I've got a pair of black shoes I just don't like because they are slightly big despite having two of those spongy things you put in your shoes, insoles? There's nothing worse than having shoes that hurt or just don't fit with your attire. You'll know all about shoes, Sweetie.

I recently bought another watch, a shaver and a new vaper. It's so easy for me to buy things. I recently returned a £1700 Tag Carrera to the jewellers I bought it from. It broke after just 6 months - it wouldn't wind properly. You would expect it not to break down after just 6 months. You could say watches are my hobby, but I have about 7 of them now. It's the same with clocks...I have about 7 of those also.
Yes I know about shoes, I think most of the forum know I have hundreds of them. They all fit, but, I could go for a whole year wearing different shoes or boots.
I also have a few watches, but, I mainly wear my cheap Argos one.

I hope you have gone shopping now and are enjoying your day.

As for appointments, I sometimes wonder if they do it on purpose Dreamy, nothing is simple these days.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 04:50 PM

I did get some new shoes from Schuh - the same place I bought the last ones. I can't fault them as I've worn my Vans black trainers for over a year and a half and only now are they starting to fall apart. I must have worn them nearly every day.

So I bought a new pair of Vans; they're almost identical to my old pair minus some decoration and they advertise themselves as comfy fit. I think the material inside is a little thicker. I got them in all black as they don't really look like a trainer, more like normal shoes yet they have a canvas build with rubber soul. I expect them to last me another year and a half or more. They're pretty well built, Vans. I think £60 was reasonable.

I also visited M & S where I got 3 of their Italian meals for £7 (I'm not quite up to cooking for myself yet), some apples, crisps and an Eton Mess dessert. In total I spent £88 today including taxis.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I did get some new shoes from Schuh - the same place I bought the last ones. I can't fault them as I've worn my Vans black trainers for over a year and a half and only now are they starting to fall apart. I must have worn them nearly every day.

So I bought a new pair of Vans; they're almost identical to my old pair minus some decoration and they advertise themselves as comfy fit. I think the material inside is a little thicker. I got them in all black as they don't really look like a trainer, more like normal shoes yet they have a canvas build with rubber soul. I expect them to last me another year and a half or more. They're pretty well built, Vans. I think £60 was reasonable.

I also visited M & S where I got 3 of their Italian meals for £7 (I'm not quite up to cooking for myself yet), some apples, crisps and an Eton Mess dessert. In total I spent £88 today including taxis.
Not bad Dreamy, and I am glad you got out today.
A pic of your new shoes/trainers would be nice, but no worries if you don't want to.
Enjoy your meals. Eton mess makes me smile as I lived so close to Eton as a child.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

22-03-2019, 05:55 PM

My new shoes:

They look more like trainers close up but I've found them to go with any clothes.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-03-2019, 06:00 PM

Very nice Dreamy, I like them, and I agree they will go with most things.
Thanks for the photos. x
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

22-03-2019, 06:04 PM

I don't change the shoes I wear very often - maybe I should. I like the comfy sensation of these though and there's no chance of getting blisters with these.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 06:22 PM

Very smart those, Ffosse. I wear black trainers all the time when I'm out. As you say they go with anything really.
A good purchase there!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 09:33 PM

Those are really nice shoes Ffosse. Very good choice. I hope you enjoy walking more looking so cool.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

23-03-2019, 02:40 PM

Thanks Floydy and AnnieS - I haven't gotten round to wearing them yet. My old Vans probably have a couple of months life left in them and I wear them in the house and when I visit the shop down below.

I'll wear them on Wednesday, though, I have 2 appointments: the dental department at the hospital for which I have a 2:15 slot then my 3:30 respiratory function test. The next day, Thursday I have a heart scan at 10am.

I wish they could have crammed all 3 appointments into the same day as I hate travelling to the hospital and using taxis, but I guess that's what my PIP money is for: mobility.

Apparently, I missed an appointment with the psychiatric team who are based in the opposite side of the city, a mile or so from the house. But I didn't get a letter from them. No doubt it'll turn up in the post. It annoys me no end when something like this happens.

Page 245 of 276 « First < 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 255 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top