Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 08:13 PM

Re: What Age Do You Class As ‘Old’?

I started thinking of myself as old a couple of years ago.

I'm still doing the same things at more or less the same energy level as 15-20 years ago, so others say they don't see me as old. They are always surprised to know I'm 76 ..but they are probably only being kind.

I haven't got to the stage yet of asking people at bus stops if they know how old I am.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 08:27 PM

Anyone of pension age can’t be considered young .

However to my granddaughter anyone over 30 !
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 08:28 PM

I thought 80 to be old but I’ve changed my mind lately .90 I would say now
But you can never tell by looking at a person can you ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by scot37 ->
Well that means I have had 8 bonus years. I am still fairly fit but I have definitely slowed down a bit over the last year or two. I have a York exercise bike/ski machine in the garage which I use every day.
You have two more bonus years Scot. Use them wisely. After 85 it's all a slippery slope.... Although there are some in their 90s that defy the odds. It's funny how we age differently. Genes or luck, who knows.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 08:35 PM

Age is a state of mind. if you feel old you are old, if you feel young you are young.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Age is a state of mind. if you feel old you are old, if you feel young you are young.
I wish that was true however my mirror says otherwise
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I started thinking of myself as old a couple of years ago.

I'm still doing the same things at more or less the same energy level as 15-20 years ago, so others say they don't see me as old. They are always surprised to know I'm 76 ..but they are probably only being kind.

I haven't got to the stage yet of asking people at bus stops if they know how old I am.
Mart I think of you as a thirty-something. I wonder if there is a test for psychological age vs physical age.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

13-05-2021, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Depends so much on your health. If you feel good it makes all the difference.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Mart I think of you as a thirty-something. I wonder if there is a test for psychological age vs physical age.
Y'know, now you have mentioned it, I don't really think of anyone on here as "old". If age is ever mentioned, it always give me a little jolt of surprise!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2021, 09:06 PM

I you feel you can still "pull" your not old.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top