Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 11:25 PM

When somebody Hurts you..friends

I got hurt very recently and I do react very badly..I just fly off the handle at close friends,...just sometimes...most people I know I do not have any issues with...just very close ones...
Just in that hole right now..dig out or just move on?
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 11:28 PM

Re: When somebody Hurts you..friends

Maybe just try and talk it out....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 11:39 PM

If I was your close friend & you had a tendency to fly off the handle with me - sorry Dianne but I wouldn't put up with it. You wouldn't be my close friend for very long!

However - if I had been the close friend that hurt you, then you would be justified to fly off the handle & I hope we would sort it out..
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

27-07-2021, 11:47 PM

no I don't fly off the handle as a norm...it is only when somebody close, floors me, instead of being caring like they usually are....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 11:48 PM

Serves them right then.

Leave it a few days - things will seem better then.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 01:27 AM

I never fly off the handle in such situations, just withdraw instead. Just give it a few days (or weeks!) away from them. Life is too short for toxic friendships.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
If I was your close friend & you had a tendency to fly off the handle with me - sorry Dianne but I wouldn't put up with it. You wouldn't be my close friend for very long!

However - if I had been the close friend that hurt you, then you would be justified to fly off the handle & I hope we would sort it out..
I feel exactly the same. Close relationships need patience, compassion and understanding. Respecting boundaries is a must in building trust.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 08:56 AM

Get a dog they are more tactful and never take umbrage .
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

28-07-2021, 09:20 AM

Solid friendships usually withstand such tests, so I wouldn't get too upset about it Dianne.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2021, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Get a dog they are more tactful and never take umbrage .
Very true.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top