Join for free
Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 10:45 AM

Re: A Teapot of Memories

Originally Posted by Teacup ->
Thank you!! I'm sorry again if I appeared rude. I'm quite blunt with people who know me, but I do have an off beat sense of humour too.

I think I just miss my mum. She's not even near enough to drop in for a tea. I'm going to have to get the jab I think, but I honestly don't want it.
No need for apologies Teacup, I'm a pussy cat when you get to know me, and it's almost impossible to offend me, but I would hate to think that I have upset someone else...

Only you can make the decision to have the vaccine or not Teacup, you must base your decision on your own particular circumstances and not be swayed by anything you hear on the news or from friends and relatives...Although friends and relatives probably have your best interest at heart and if it means that you can see your mum why not....
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Only you can make the decision to have the vaccine or not Teacup, you must base your decision on your own particular circumstances and not be swayed by anything you hear on the news or from friends and relatives...Although friends and relatives probably have your best interest at heart and if it means that you can see your mum why not....
Although OGF and I might disagree about the vaccine, I totally agree with him that it is and must be a personal decision, and something you're comfortable with.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Although OGF and I might disagree about the vaccine, I totally agree with him that it is and must be a personal decision, and something you're comfortable with.

Indeed, and not be berated for even thinking they may not have the vaccine,
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Indeed, and not be berated for even thinking they may not have the vaccine,
Could discuss this point further, but not in this thread as it seems inappropriate.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 11:06 AM

Could discuss this point further, but not in this thread as it seems inappropriate.

Indeed, but I’m sure you get the picture, in the tea leaves..
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

25-06-2021, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Indeed, but I’m sure you get the picture, in the tea leaves..
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

25-06-2021, 01:01 PM

I probably will. My friend got the Johnson one, and said he's fine, but here it'll probably be the AZ which I'm not 100% sure about, although a sister got the Moderna.

Maybe I'll wait a bit longer, idk.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

25-06-2021, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Teacup ->
I probably will. My friend got the Johnson one, and said he's fine, but here it'll probably be the AZ which I'm not 100% sure about, although a sister got the Moderna.

Maybe I'll wait a bit longer, idk.
Take your time. Do your research and weigh up the potential pros and cons. Whatever you choose will have its risks.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

25-06-2021, 05:10 PM

Shortly after arriving home from Australia, my wife, my daughter and I took my Mother shopping at Morrisons. After shopping, we went into the restaurant. Mum and I went to the self-serve, with me in front to pay for the grub.

As we shunted along the counter, I saw my Mum take a teabag out of one empty pot on the shelf, and put it into her own pot which she had on her tray. (She liked her tea very strong. One tea bag wasn't enough for her.) I couldn't believe my eyes! "My Mother" I thought, "is a shoplifter?!".

I felt so embarrassed. I quickly paid for the grub and made a hasty exit over to the table where my wife and daughter were sitting, leaving my Mum alone at the counter.

A couple of minutes later I heard this big commotion at the counter: "I SAW YOU!" screamed the checkout girl. "NO I DID NOT!" shouted my Mother at the checkout girl.

Sorry, but I did not go back to the counter to rescue my Mother. In fact, I was so embarrassed that I called the police and had her arrested!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2021, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
One tea bag wasn't enough for her.) I couldn't believe my eyes! "My Mother" I thought, "is a shoplifter?!".
She sounds like a proper tea leaf, UK.

Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top