Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 03:12 PM

What Everyone Seems to Have Forgotten About the Odious Jo Brand

She was the odds on favourite to be the vindictive twonk who got Carol Thatcher the chop from the BBC (for a mild off air comment). Thatcher then felt she had to leave the country to make a life in Australia.

The evil comment about throwing acid in the faces of politicians she doesn't like is far worse than anything CT said. In fact even the BBC's Frankie Boyle wouldn't have come out with that one.

Although, twice in recent times on his BBC1 show he spoke with glee about Muslims in prison anally raping Tommy Robinson. The "panel" and the audience were delighted at the idea.

For one thing, I'm not sure Muslims will have been happy about the suggestion.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 04:01 PM

Re: What Everyone Seems to Have Forgotten About the Odious Jo Brand

I don't like this woman.

When she started on her career on television her humour was only considered funny by a select group of which I'm not a member. Foul mouthed, crude, and generally yeugh.

Over time she seems to have been replace as la grande dame of filth by Sara Milligan but that's rather beside the point.

When after Farage had been attached by a guy with a milk shake* Brand remarked that battery acid would be preferable no doubt some lame brains thought it funny.

I don't.

I'm with Farage on this, it was the sort of stupidity that the terminally stupid or just plain nasty would pick up on.

Now she is claiming the the Beeb don't dare sack her (Daily Mail).

Strikes me that if Danny Baker was given the Bums Rush then Brand should be in the dock for incitement.

Horrid woman.

* Milk shake totally ruins a good suite. Egg is bad enough but a good suite can be mostly recovered albeit it'll never be the same, but the proteins in a milk shake bond with wool and the cloth is ruined.

You can NEVER get rid of the smell, and with a decent suit now costing well over a grand it's no joke.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I don't like this woman.

When she started on her career on television her humour was only considered funny by a select group of which I'm not a member. Foul mouthed, crude, and generally yeugh.

Over time she seems to have been replace as la grande dame of filth by Sara Milligan but that's rather beside the point.

When after Farage had been attached by a guy with a milk shake* Brand remarked that battery acid would be preferable no doubt some lame brains thought it funny.

I don't.

I'm with Farage on this, it was the sort of stupidity that the terminally stupid or just plain nasty would pick up on.

Now she is claiming the the Beeb don't dare sack her (Daily Mail).

Strikes me that if Danny Baker was given the Bums Rush then Brand should be in the dock for incitement.

Horrid woman.

* Milk shake totally ruins a good suite. Egg is bad enough but a good suite can be mostly recovered albeit it'll never be the same, but the proteins in a milk shake bond with wool and the cloth is ruined.

You can NEVER get rid of the smell, and with a decent suit now costing well over a grand it's no joke.
Originally an anti-man feminist agenda but now as a darling of the BBC she gets away with saying what she likes.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 05:03 PM

You can actually get rid of the smell . Apply White vinegar to a cloth and rub vigorously It does the trick,I’ve used it on carpets .

I’ve never been able to stand Jo Brand btw ,Farage was correct .
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 05:06 PM

I don't like Jo Brand, I never have, and I don't find her funny
However, other people do, and the BBC should cater for different tastes
Though many people think it is now too biased in a particular direction.

I haven't heard her offending comment, but I've seen & heard it being reported

Comedians, and others, need to be able to improvise and ad lib, which means that sometimes they make mistakes or overstep the mark, but as long as they don't do it too often it can be allowed
Though in this case we must seriously question her judgement

The real problem is that the programme was pre recorded, and the production team had ample opportunity to edit out her comments, but no, they allowed them to be broadcast

Both this failure and her comment is more evidence of the BBC's bias - lefty-liberal-sneering-anti-British-Remainer
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I don't like Jo Brand, I never have, and I don't find her funny
However, other people do, and the BBC should cater for different tastes
Though many people think it is now too biased in a particular direction.

I haven't heard her offending comment, but I've seen & heard it being reported

Comedians, and others, need to be able to improvise and ad lib, which means that sometimes they make mistakes or overstep the mark as long as they don't do it too often it can be allowed
Though in this case we must seriously question her judgement

The real problem is that the programme was pre recorded, and the production team had ample opportunity to edit out her comments, but no, they allowed them to be broadcast

Both this failure and her comment is more evidence of the BBC's bias - lefty-liberal-sneering-anti-British-Remainer
Exactly. All humour is now lefty and no longer funny.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 05:25 PM

It was a rotten thing to say .
Jest shows the class ( lack of ) of the woman .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 05:40 PM

I have always found her quite funny in the past but inciting violence is a step too far. She should be sacked along with Baker but nothing will happen.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 06:22 PM

I have never liked the woman. I am all for free speech as it is precious,even though she uses every opportunity to insult Brexiteers. But to actually incite violence by suggesting people throw battery acid instead of milkshake - and to have the gall to name Nigel Farage as the target - is beyond the pale.

If the BBC don't do the right thing and sack her, I hope Nigel brings a private prosecution against her as well as the BBC, who, by refusing to sack her, are making it known that they condone her disgraceful comment, therefore making them as guilty as Brand herself.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2019, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Exactly. All humour is now lefty and no longer funny.

You are so right on that.

Just look a Kathy Griffin and her vile so called humour.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top