Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2009, 01:14 AM

Re: Afghanistan

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
But Azz where would the terminally bewildered go to get their opinions then?

Incidentally I don't think the Mirror belongs to the Dirty Digger
LOL VM

Yeah think you're right about the DD, unfortunately there are too many like him in the media. The express is another dirty rag!

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
As you say Azz. not all Muslims are bad.but it only takes a very small percantage to do a lot of damage..London ..Spain..Indonesia. etc.. to name but a few ..As I understand it Muslims are told in the Koran to kill the unbelieving kuffars..this will allow them a place with Allah
Doesn't the same apply to some Christians too? There are extremists in all religions Tom. Are there more extremist muslims, and right now in this moment in time? Perhaps (and maybe you can see why when you look at their reasons or the 'stuff they're told about the west' that makes them go down that route) but I don't think it's fair to punish ALL muslims just because of the minority, and because they're flavour of the month

The BNP are nothing but scum bags, twisting, using, and abusing the less intelligent folk - they don't care about the people who support them - no matter how much they try to tell you that.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-11-2009, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
They can't even do it in Afghanistan and Iraq so why do you think a country would invite them in!!? Nero you're not thinking straight these days

[/I]
I'm thinking perfectly clearly Azz, . . the insurgents in Afghanistan are doing exactly what the NVA did when they dodged over into Cambodia knowing the Americans could'nt follow, the Taliban and alq'aeda are doing the same, they're using the northern hills in Pakistan as a bolt hole, . . . Mr Brown avoided saying this in case it offended the Pakistan government, . . I can read between the lines you know.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2009, 08:47 PM

After a few days delving deeper, . . and another day deliberating the situation there, . . I have come to the conclusion we cannot bring our troops out.

If we withdrew, the Taliban and al'qaeda would go on a killing spree the likes of which we've never seen since WW2, . . every decent moderate Afghani would be put to death.

Obviously Mr Brown and president Obamah's advisers have had this in mind by sending more troops out there, . . the only real solution is to educate the borderline Afghanis that have'nt been brainwashed by the extremists, and in time they may come round to thinking the insurgents are madmen.

Sadly this could take many years, . . there was talk today of setting a date for bringing our boys home in a year or two but IMO that's wrong, setting a date will just put the insurgents underground even more, waiting for the time they'll get to do their nasty work after the allies leave.

A very complex situation indeed, what we need is more informants out there to let our boys know their hideouts are so we can wipe them out, . . . there is no way they'll surrender that's for sure.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2009, 11:31 AM

I tend to agree with you nero..the followers of that "" Peace Loving"" Religion Islam. will go be back in charge..women will recieve no education. be forced to cover there faces..if they complain about being raped will probable be hung or stoned..and we are allowing these people over here .
Obama is dreaming if he thinks in 18 months he will be pulling out..
nero
Central Scotland

03-12-2009, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
I tend to agree with you nero..the followers of that "" Peace Loving"" Religion Islam. will go be back in charge..women will recieve no education. be forced to cover there faces..if they complain about being raped will probable be hung or stoned..and we are allowing these people over here .
Obama is dreaming if he thinks in 18 months he will be pulling out..
This is exactly what happened when the Russians left in 1989, the Taliban ran amok destroying everything and killing anyone who tried to stop them.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
After a few days delving deeper, . . and another day deliberating the situation there, . . I have come to the conclusion we cannot bring our troops out.

If we withdrew, the Taliban and al'qaeda would go on a killing spree the likes of which we've never seen since WW2, . . every decent moderate Afghani would be put to death.

Obviously Mr Brown and president Obamah's advisers have had this in mind by sending more troops out there, . . the only real solution is to educate the borderline Afghanis that have'nt been brainwashed by the extremists, and in time they may come round to thinking the insurgents are madmen.

Sadly this could take many years, . . there was talk today of setting a date for bringing our boys home in a year or two but IMO that's wrong, setting a date will just put the insurgents underground even more, waiting for the time they'll get to do their nasty work after the allies leave.

A very complex situation indeed, what we need is more informants out there to let our boys know their hideouts are so we can wipe them out, . . . there is no way they'll surrender that's for sure.
I agree with you on both points Denis but after listening what Obama said again on Meet The Press(they played a tape) he said that would be the beginning of the withdrawal and it could take many years as you have said to leave entirely.
sjbo659
Alaska
sjbo659 is male  sjbo659 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2009, 11:51 PM

I spent 18 months in Viet Nam and what is going on right now is just a repeat. Our boys were all hero's right after 9-11 but as time goes on thats changeing. I hear it all the time and with the press the way it is today they do not have a chance. You cannot continue to make public in the papers every move you make and then expect to be successful. Its like telling your opponent your next play so he can prepare for it in advance. I know in the beginning the objective was one brought on by fear but as in every war anyone becomes involved in once your there its not as easy to leave as soem would lead us to believe. Its a real honest catch 22

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top