Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2009, 11:06 AM

Get a grip Mr brown

He's made another gaffe, . . the mother of the young lad killed in Afghanistan received a letter from him, he could'nt even get the name right.

His mates should have a whip-round and buy him a lappy with MS Word and a spell checker built in.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2009, 02:04 PM

Re: Get a grip Mr brown

I am no supporter of Gordon Brown but I find it disgusting that the Sun newspaper is exploiting the story.

The 'poor' man took the trouble to personally hand write a letter to Mrs Janes' as he has done to all the families of lost servicemen. He made some spelling mistakes, yes we all make mistakes and many of us have bad handwriting too.
I can understand how upset Mrs Janes is at this very sad time but I really do think everyone else is blowing it up out of proportion.

Mr Brown could have asked an aide type the letter for him and then sign it but instead he took the time to write a handwritten letter which is more than some MP's would have done.

Mr Brown has lost a child himself, he knows the grief involved, I feel sure he was very sincere and caring when he wrote his letter.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2009, 02:11 PM

I never read the papers Mags, . . I saw it on News24, . . it's not just the letter he's made a gaffe with, . . the memorial service on Sunday was another one, . . he's PM and should take proper care especially with letters and such.

He has a lot on his mind but It's no excuse IMO.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2009, 03:16 PM

I agree absolutely with Mags. I absolutely hate what The Sun is doing in manipuating this poor woman in her grief at losing her lovely boy.
I hate what The Sun does altogether - and Murdoch behind it. It is coarsening our society - diminishing our humanity
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2009, 03:55 PM

I agree with Mags here. We lost our youngest at 10 yrs old and if the President had sent us a hand written note of sympathy, I would not have cared if every word was spelled incorrectly. They are so very busy and have so much on their minds and to take that time would have moved me no end. Some very bright people cannot spell.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2009, 07:58 PM

And written in a fibre tip pen
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2009, 08:19 PM

"As Mr Brown is partially sighted following a childhood rugby accident, when he lost his sight in one eye, Mr Brown writes in a large black felt-tip pen."
......quoted from a Politics site.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2009, 08:21 PM

Please, nice people, don't buy into the Sun's agenda, whatever it is.
I have no truck with this, or previous governments, but character assassination like this is just appalling
nero
Central Scotland

11-11-2009, 02:03 AM

I don't read the Sun DM, . . . and I'm not assassinating his character, . . he had my greatest admiration when he was chancellor but he's isn't the man for the job he has just now IMO.

He should step aside at the coming election but who will take over ? . . the rest of them are pure idiots.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2009, 12:41 PM

I admire Gordon Brown for writing the letter..but I have no respect for him as far as I am concerned he signed our country away without a referendum and as such should be tried for treason

Act of Supremacy 1559
All usurped and foreign power & authority may forever be clearly extinguished and never used or obeyed in this realm.
No foreign prince . person prelate, state or potentate shall at any time use, enjoy or excercise any manner of power , or juristriction, superiority , authority. pre-eminence or privilege within this realm.

the above act was passed to stop any future government or prime minister from getting above there station in life and is part of the constituion of this country

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top