Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Hilary Bradshaw
St. Helens, Merseyside
Hilary Bradshaw is female  Hilary Bradshaw has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 05:50 PM

Re: What's your favourite sport?

Come on you reds tonight!!!
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2010, 12:24 PM

not really a sports person hate the Olympics!!!!I do like to compete with my dogs,and as a geordie born and bred I support Newcastle Utd

Jeanette
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 04:57 PM

I love most sports. Team games - I used to play Rugby Union, football and volleyball. Individual sports - I was very much into surfing, rock-climbing, mountain walking and swimming.
Since I've had huskies, my main participative sport is working my huskies in harness. This was me on my 60th birthday at a race in Buttersteep in Surrey (interestingly my racing bib number was the same as my age):

It definitely keeps me fit. This was a recent 15 mile event on Salisbury Plain over hard frozen tank tracks and deep puddles. Hard work but huge fun:

Mick
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 05:25 PM

How does it keep you fit... the dogs do all the work

*runs
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2010, 05:41 PM

Don't you believe it. When we get to a hill, the dogs will turn their heads to look at me as if to say, "If you ain't working, neither are we!!"

Mick
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2010, 01:30 PM

I love watching one day cricket and football. My husband is a mad Manchester United fan and it has rubbed off on me. We have seen them play at Old Trafford several times. I have autographs and shirts. My favourite players are the goalies I think they all have personalities and have to be quite special to take the strain.

Of course we always watch England play whatever they are playing.

By the way I think this whole issue with the England captain is a shame on us. These guys are paid the big bucks to play football, unlike our Royal family and MP's we should not be looking to them for a moral standard just like we don't look to film and television actors for moral standards. It is not right that we should allow the press so much power there are worst things happening all over the world.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2010, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Angling for trout, . . oh yes, warm peaceful days by the river, the fish rising to the fly, . . I'm a fly man . . just the gentle babble of the water, no other sound, the day draws into evening, . . the sun starts to go down, . . the bats come out, . . then the bl00dy midges bite hell outta ya.
When I say fishing, it's Scottish fishing, . . not like English fishing where you see a fella sitting on a stool with an umbrella and all the comforts of home.
Trout fishing can be very energetic, . . wading through fast flowing rivers, . . and the best places are off the beaten track like up high in the hills, . . I've been really tired after a good day on the Lochs.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-02-2010, 05:43 PM

My fishing style is sitting on a rock by the Potomac river hoping to catch a shad when they're running in the Spring, or out in a rowboat on Lake Occoquan trying for bass or pike. No trout streams in my area .....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top