Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2009, 02:44 PM

Pre-Budget report

Mr Darling has just delivered one of the finest reports I've heard in years.

There'll be no tax increases as the Tories predicted.
There'll be no cuts in public spending and services as the Tories predicted.
More children from poor families will qualify for free school meals.
The banks will be taken to task if they don't curb their excessive payments to the greedy ones.

Mr Brown did very well just before the chancellor took the floor too, he went into great detail of the mess the country was in when Labour took over in 1997.
There are 2.5 million more in employment today than in 1997 under the Tories.
He compared, on an international comparison, the financial state the UK is in and we came out way above America, France, Germany and even Japan.

After Mr Darling, (who spoke after Mr Brown) sat down, the Cameron clan's chancellor leapt to his feet shouting and gesticulating like a looney, (Cameron himself sat stoney faced), the shadow chancellor went on to say it was the most outrageous pre-election speech he'd ever heard and not a Pre-Budget one he'd expected.

One Tory MP had to be asked by the speaker to shut up during Mr Darling's delivery of the pre-budget speech, he said . . "you have been commenting loudly sir, please be quiet, . . we,. . and the whole country do not wish to hear your comments".

Oh yes, . . the Tories have all of a sudden got panicky.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2009, 02:48 PM

Re: Pre-Budget report

I don't think Osborne is an electoral asset. Is it his voice? There's something about him which I find quite off-putting
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2009, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
I don't think Osborne is an electoral asset. Is it his voice? There's something about him which I find quite off-putting
ALL the Tories put me off DM, . . did you watch the whole thing on TV ?

Mr Brown sat through most of it with a wry smile on his face, . . methinks I've done him an injustice the last few weeks coz they seem to be getting into overdrive.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-12-2009, 02:59 PM

No, nero - I have the radio on. That's bad enough, don't want to see the bear garden as well as hear it.
nero
Central Scotland

09-12-2009, 05:10 PM

Another proposal from the chancellor was a scrappage scheme for heating boilers similar to the scrappage scheme for cars, . . however, you'll have to fork out £2,500 first to get a new one fitted, . . that does'nt make sense to me

The bankers hope to play a clever one by deferring their bonus payments (either cash or shares) for 2 years, . . one thing puzzles me however, it's the banks who'll pay the 50% tax not the individuals, we, the tax payer own 70% of the RBS, does this mean we're taxing ourselves.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
No, nero - I have the radio on. That's bad enough, don't want to see the bear garden as well as hear it.
Got to agree with you there Dinahsmum........
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2009, 09:52 AM

First of all I do like the new layout of the forum. well done Azz..

the Chancellor did say that we are still paying the same amount of money to to other countrys altho our national dept is rising rapidly.did I hear him say we will have to borrow £175 billion next year ? if you are broke you stop giving money away.. our money.. your money..an increase in free schhool meals. this will be to cover the increase in migrant children..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top