Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 03:25 PM

China gets added to the avoid list

Their human rights track records is appalling (and don't get me started on their animal welfare record!!!!!!)

I'm sure you've all seen they executed a British man who his family say has a mental condition (I mean come on, he thought he'd be made a famous pop star in China!!).

Not to mention how they kill (or order from Russia) bears for their paws and gall bladder, for their silly 'witch' potions or how they slaughter dogs for 'food'!

And one of the people the BBC talked to in the streets made me so angry - he said well our people face execution so why shouldn't foriegners... like that makes it ok!?! ARGH!

I really do despair sometimes - why is the world full of so many nasty, selfish, and dumb people!

/Rant over!
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 03:59 PM

Re: China gets added to the avoid list

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Their human rights track records is appalling (and don't get me started on their animal welfare record!!!!!!)

I'm sure you've all seen they executed a British man who his family say has a mental condition (I mean come on, he thought he'd be made a famous pop star in China!!).

Not to mention how they kill (or order from Russia) bears for their paws and gall bladder, for their silly 'witch' potions or how they slaughter dogs for 'food'!

And one of the people the BBC talked to in the streets made me so angry - he said well our people face execution so why shouldn't foriegners... like that makes it ok!?! ARGH!

I really do despair sometimes - why is the world full of so many nasty, selfish, and dumb people!

/Rant over!
What like drug smugglers you mean?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 04:32 PM

Yeah - but not those who foolishly take a package for someone else not knowing what they are carrying

The real criminals are the ones doing the exploiting.
Funky Farmer
Bedfordshire, UK
Funky Farmer is male  Funky Farmer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Yeah - but not those who foolishly take a package for someone else not knowing what they are carrying

The real criminals are the ones doing the exploiting.
Anyway, The British have given the Chinese Ambassador a good stiff talking to. That will learn 'em eh
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

29-12-2009, 06:12 PM

Well they have given us their own warning. Looks like they want to start asserting their 'power'.

The dailyhate reaches a new low too - saying the mentally ill man deserved execution
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 06:58 PM

Azz may I ask are you a vegetarian?
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 07:11 PM

I was shocked that they actually went ahead with it. I agree Azz about their human rights record and their appalling cruelty to animals.
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 07:47 PM

I don't agree with the death penalty for any crime. I think taking away someone's liberty is far more punishing.

If this man had a mental illness (bipolar) and he was in a manic phase, he could well have easily been persuaded to carry the drugs with no thought of the consequences. And China should have investigated that before taking such extreme action.

Had the man been competent, I may have held a different opinion - ie he knew the consequences and China as an independent nation is entitled to make its own laws regardless of international opinion and you suffer the consequences for your own actions.

I am sorry an ill man has died because of his illness.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 08:46 PM

I don`t understand why people are surprised at this. The Chinese haven`t changed - their treatment of people and animals is still as dreadful as ever.
Why do people feel they have changed? It`s just some money-men trying to change our minds about them so they can `open up the market` and make more money.
http://www.amnesty.org.uk/content.asp?CategoryID=11204
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2009, 11:23 PM

Well put, Claire! I try to avoid buying Chinese made products because of their awful treatment of people and animals, but it's not easy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top