Join for free
Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 01:02 PM

Re: Flu Jab time

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I suspect you're missing out some key ingredients there Meg. What about the neurotoxins, mercury and Thermisol?
Right on queue as predicted Arthur
You know what, in this instance I am happy to take a cocktail of chemicals along with the vaccine.

I am pretty sure had I not done so in previous winters I would not be here now.

So excuse me if I ignore you and listen to my Doctor instead.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Well I have just been to the surgery site expecting the Flu vaccinations to be mentioned but they are not.

So I logged into appointments and there they were all of them so it looks like I am first to book on the 3rd October

Do you book online Mags, it might be worth checking ....
Just checked my surgery site Meg, no mention of Flu vaccinations as yet . I might phone them if I hear nothing next week...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Just checked my surgery site Meg, no mention of Flu vaccinations as yet . I might phone them if I hear nothing next week...
Mags once the vaccine becomes readily available to one DR's practice in the UK it is usually unavailable to all so I would check and get in sooner rather than later
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 02:58 PM

Had mine on Friday when I had my diabetic foot appt with the nurse. She was giving them out during her consultations to whoever needed them.

Done and dusted!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 03:36 PM

Last February I was in Spain in a hotel with a few hundred people, friends and I stayed a month . All my friends and many many others went down with the flu virus especially bad on the chest. People were getting it within 12 hours after arrival. I had not had the flu jab as the year before within 3 days of having the jab went down with flu and poorly for 2 weeks and longer.

All my friends had been given the flu jab , and boy were they bad with this virus , I spoke to people who recovered and the majority had had the flu jab .

I spent 4 weeks hand washing and putting t tree oil around my nose terrified I would get it , but I didn't , I stayed well and healthy .

I won't ever have the flu jab again , I'll take my chances
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 04:05 PM

I believe that if you have the jab when you already have contracted the flu bug, you will suffer more than usual. The only years I have missed the jab, I have had serious flu, therefore I mean to carry on having the vaccination just to be safe.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

19-09-2015, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I had not had the flu jab as the year before within 3 days of having the jab went down with flu and poorly for 2 weeks and longer.
Hi Susan firstly ...
it takes between 10 and 14 days for your immune system to respond fully after you've had the flu jab.
so your vaccination most probably would not have been effective at that time particularly if you were already incubating an infection.
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/vaccina...ubation-period

All my friends had been given the flu jab , and boy were they bad with this virus , I spoke to people who recovered and the majority had had the flu jab .
Were they categorically diagnosed with influenza and not some other respiratory virus.

The flu vaccination does not claim to give %100 protection for everybody who hasit and as the formulation for the autumn is decided on the previous spring it is difficult to predict exactly which strains of the virus will be prevalent in one year anyway.
What it does do however is to give protection to some people and others who are vaccinated contribute to 'herd immunity' helping to protect the vulnerable like newborn babies who are unable to have the vaccination.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 04:21 PM

Sorry but this is all nonsense. Clearly there are some on here who will continue through life with their fingers in the ears going "Waah Waah Waah I can't hear you". Fair enough. Each to their own.

There are however a number of open-minded people here who have in other threads expressed a desire to learn, have their views challenged and to assess new information they were not previously aware of. For those people I will provide the following info.

This comes from The Cochrane Database which is a collection of scientific controlled studies and trials covering a wide range of areas. Their general website is here:

http://www.cochranelibrary.com/

Use the search function to look for studies for any given areas, for example search for "sugar" and so on.

Here is the link to their study on the usefulness/efficacy of flu vaccines:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1....pub5/abstract

Here's the "cut to he chase" results

"Influenza vaccines have a very modest effect in reducing influenza symptoms and working days lost in the general population"

"The preventive effect of parenteral inactivated influenza vaccine on healthy adults is small: at least 40 people would need vaccination to avoid one ILI case . . . and 71 people would need vaccination to prevent one case of influenza. Vaccination shows no appreciable effect on working days lost or hospitalisation"

"The effectiveness of live aerosol vaccines on healthy adults is similar to inactivated vaccines: 46 people . . .would need immunisation to avoid one ILI case."

As can be seen the vaccine is largely worthless. You are literally playing "vaccine lottery" when you have a jab, hoping that YOU will be the 1 in 71 people that it will help.

If you are handing money over for these jabs then imo you are a mug.

Worse still though are the controversial ingredients in the cocktail that you are allowing to be put into your body. Neurotoxins, thimerosol and mercury among them.

Here's another very good article which contains a transcript from a live radio show which tackled the issue of whether flu vaccines are just snake oil.

http://chriskresser.com/the-truth-ab...to-do-instead/

Some extracts from the above:

"a very low percentage of doctors and nurses actually volunteer to get them [jabs], something like 26% to 28%. So what do they know that the general public doesn’t know?"

"Now, one of the problems with flu vaccination is that it tends to not work very well if the strains of flu in the vaccine don’t match the strains of flu in the environment, but even when the match is perfect, 1% of flu-vaccinated individuals end up with an infection, compared to 4% of unvaccinated individuals, but that’s very rare actually to have a perfect match between the strains of the flu and the vaccine because viruses adapt and evolve very quickly, and it’s hard for vaccine producers to keep up. So, when there’s only a partial match of the vaccine with infecting strains, which is usually the state of affairs, the figures are even worse. 1% of vaccinated individuals end up with an infection versus 2% of unvaccinated individuals, so in other words, the true reduction in flu risk in the population in the vast majority of cases in healthy adults is a mere 1%."

"So, let’s put this in perspective. I’ve talked before about the difference between relative and absolute risk reduction. The news media report on this study might say: Flu vaccine cuts your risk of getting the flu in half! Now, that’s technically true because the risk relatively went down from 2% to 1%, but what they don’t tell you is that the absolute risk reduction went down from 2 in 100 to 1 in 100, which is an overall absolute risk reduction of 1%.

So this means that you’d need to treat approximately 100 people to prevent a single case of flu, or put another way, of 100 people that get the flu shot, 99 of them won’t benefit at all."
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 04:35 PM

All my friends and many many others went down with the flu virus especially bad on the chest. People were getting it within 12 hours after arrival.
Given incubation periods your friends must have already had the virus before they arrived.

I had not had the flu jab as the year before within 3 days of having the jab went down with flu and poorly for 2 weeks and longer.
The jab most likely would not have changed this unless you were the lucky 1 in 71 or 1 in 100 person that the jab would have helped.

All my friends had been given the flu jab , and boy were they bad with this virus , I spoke to people who recovered and the majority had had the flu jab.
It is known that flu jabs can make you much more susceptible to certain strains of virus. If your friends played Russian Roulette with their health by having the jabs, well more fool them.

I spent 4 weeks hand washing and putting t tree oil around my nose terrified I would get it , but I didn't , I stayed well and healthy .
Good for you. Taking hygiene seriously is a major way to prevent infection. You learn this quickly if you go on a cruise or are anywhere else in close proximity to 1000s of people.

I won't ever have the flu jab again , I'll take my chances
Glad to hear it.

Lot's of ways to improve your chances naturally. Google "Bone Broths" for starters. Remember Grandma's Chicken Broth? I remember it as a kid. Seemed a poor mans soup at the time but now I know it's a powerhouse of nutrients and minerals.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 07:05 PM

Never had one and never will. Everyone I know who has had them says they make them ill, I have enough problems without adding to them willfully.

Page 2 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top