Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 12:21 PM

I Might Buy A Soup Maker!

I said once, l would never buy a soup maker as l use my pressure cooker or a saucepan to make soup.
Today, l feel a bit tempted and l wonder if anyone could advise me and recommend the best one to buy?
Thank You!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 12:23 PM

Re: I Might Buy A Soup Maker!

I wouldn't buy one Art all you need is a decent saucepan, a blender and good ingredients

Previous thread on the subject...
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...ker#post712008
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 12:26 PM

I did see them at a County fair and they looked really good (sorry can't remember the make).
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I wouldn't buy one Art all you need is a decent saucepan, a blender and good ingredients

Previous thread on the subject...
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...ker#post712008
Meg, Thank You for that!
l did look first to see if there was a thread about soup makers but l looked through the 'Food and Drink' thread and could only find soup recipes!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 12:45 PM

Omelette make thread here, this thread is about soup ..
http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=40515
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 12:53 PM

Art I've been trialling a soup maker for a company, had it for three months they are picking it and my report up later this week. My opinion on them is if you haven't time to stay with your soup as you make it and blend then they are great, something in the first thread I hadn't thought of was there is also less washing up.

The one I was given to try is a phillips so I have only experience of this one brand. It makes very nice soup, as good as anything I can produce with a saucepan and blender, it makes less washing up as it's just the blender bit needs washing. It doesn't make a very big quantity, if I'm making for all four of us I have to do it in two makes and it needs washing between uses, also by time second lot is ready first lot is cold so you either need to reheat in a pan or microwave. Instantly adds to washing up.

Would I buy one ? No but if I was alone or just two of us and didn't have time to cook traditionally I might be tempted.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

09-01-2017, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Art I've been trialling a soup maker for a company, had it for three months they are picking it and my report up later this week. My opinion on them is if you haven't time to stay with your soup as you make it and blend then they are great, something in the first thread I hadn't thought of was there is also less washing up.

The one I was given to try is a phillips so I have only experience of this one brand. It makes very nice soup, as good as anything I can produce with a saucepan and blender, it makes less washing up as it's just the blender bit needs washing. It doesn't make a very big quantity, if I'm making for all four of us I have to do it in two makes and it needs washing between uses, also by time second lot is ready first lot is cold so you either need to reheat in a pan or microwave. Instantly adds to washing up.

Would I buy one ? No but if I was alone or just two of us and didn't have time to cook traditionally I might be tempted.
Thank You! Julie
I think it's just a whim and a fancy for me at the moment! It was the Morphy Richards soup maker that l was looking at but l have no idea what the difference is between the different models.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 01:10 PM

Hi

Have a look at this one.

They are quite good according to someone I know.

https://www.andrewjamesworldwide.com...d-blender-p226
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

09-01-2017, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Have a look at this one.

They are quite good according to someone I know.

https://www.andrewjamesworldwide.com...d-blender-p226
Thank you! Swimmy.

The Morphy Richards model 50100 that is a soup maker and a soya/almond milk maker too is £47. 98 in Costco. Yet in Argos the same model is £89. 99!
I'm still pondering!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2017, 01:36 PM

A pot which makes Your soup for You?...noo that's clever...does it peel,scrape,grate the veg' too

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top