Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 08:26 AM

England vs Tunisia

Anyone watch this match last night?

Referee seemed utterly and shamefully biased towards Tunisia. The Tunisian side played half football, half rugby. Numerous instances of physically grabbing England players and wrestling them to the ground without the ball being anywhere near them, even in the penalty area. Ref doesn't even award free kicks much less penalties for them.

All caught on camera, irrefutable, yet despite the video technology that now have and use they just turned a blatant blind eye to the repeated assaults on England players.

Just makes a mockery of the whole proceedings.

I realise we very luckily won the match but we should have won about 5-1 and 2 or 3 Tunisia players should have recieved yellow cards
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 08:58 AM

Re: England vs Tunisia

I was so pleased England won but blimey they made us wait right till the last minute didn't they, exciting stuff. It's a shame so many of the Tunisian players were drama queens every time England were getting into their stride one of them fell down in absolute agony.....yeah well
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 09:05 AM

I didn't watch it but understand from the radio that the reffing was poor and did England no favours...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 09:20 AM

I thought England kept their cool considering what they were up against, blatant fouls on several occasions.... the referee must have left his yellow card at home!

England’s second goal in extra time certainly took the smile off the Tunisian faces Well done England!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 09:31 AM

I think England deserved to win, not because they played well but because Tunisia was such a sneaky, dirty team.

I thought the first 15-20 minutes were great and I thought we might win 4 or 5 nil but then the team reverted back to its usual hesitant, back-passing self. there is one thing that has really annoyed me about the England team for years and that's the fact that they ponce around for most of the match and then go all out to score in the last five minutes.

So, yes, there were some bad decisions from the ref but also our finishing was appalling apart from the two goals.

Mind you, I don't think the midges helped much, the players were literally wiping them out of their eyes.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 10:32 AM

Watching the match I felt so sorry for our players covered in mozzies which can certainly can cause grief if you are not used to them.

The bugs are a hybrid of mosquitoes and midges, and were known to be an issue prior to the Cup.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 10:54 AM

I wasn't happy with the officials either but even with all that going on I was impressed how well they (England) held it together. It's a young team and I think they did ok.

Talking of young...I was shocked when the commentator said Ashley Young was the oldest member of the England squad, I remember him as a teenager But at 32 he's not THAT old!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 11:01 AM

Well done England for beating the drama queen Tunisians for overcoming being bombarded by the mozzies and the overcoming of a ref taking a backhander...….Well done Lads......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
Well done England for beating the drama queen Tunisians for overcoming being bombarded by the mossies and the overcoming of a ref taking a backhander...….Well done Lads......
Probably true, no one could miss those fouls.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 12:17 PM

It was a good game from a young team although I am not a Southgate lover I had to admit the tactics were spot on and they held their tempers when things were getting a little hot.

My only thoughts about the flies were when the commentator said that the Russians had sprayed the area an hour or so before the kick off.
I hope no one goes down with mystery illness's over there because of the chemicals used .
You never know with the Ruskies do you how hazardous their sprays are.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top