Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 10:33 AM

Re: Lloyds credit card.

Originally Posted by Losos ->
When you talk to them tell them what credit limit you want, don't let them set the limit for you (It will likely be much higher than you need)

If you keep the limit low it is :-
a) An incentive to keep C/Card purchases to a minimum
b) Minimises any fraudulent use if you should have it stolen and the thief somehow gets your PIN
c) Prevents sales people from adding unnecessary options on goods you buy.

Ref (b) above, YES the bank will reimburse you if you are the victim of fraud BUT what they don't do is pay you for all the time and worry you have had while the matter is sorted

A credit card is a useful thing to have but only if you use it to your advantage and don't get sucked into buying things you don't need, on long HP contracts, with interest added every month.

Great advice there Losos,thank you,do you know how many days they give you to pay amount in full?

I have rang them this morning,I gave up,as I was on that phone for over 30 mins,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Great advice there Losos,thank you,do you know how many days they give you to pay amount in full?

I have rang them this morning,I gave up,as I was on that phone for over 30 mins,
Don't worry. if you manage to get in debt with them, they will be on the phone to you every single day.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Don't worry. if you manage to get in debt with them, they will be on the phone to you every single day.

Oh yes,I know all about debt,I used to be a debt collector,

I have been on that phone,over 40 mins,application process has gone through,and as Losos and Meg advised/said,...I will make my payments in full,..which I have just set up with them,
you can't have an ex debt collector,getting into debt!...
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2018, 09:16 PM

do you know how many days they give you to pay amount in full?

If you have 'on-line' banking you can go into your account and see when the next payment is due.

The Lloyds statement will say:-
1) Your new balance..................£XX
2) Minimum payment due..........£X
3) To reach your account by DD/MM/YYYY

If you set up a D/debit to pay the new balance (1) every month on date (3) then you will not need to keep checking.

The number of 'credit days' depends when you use the card, if you try to use the card mostly just after (3) then you can 'in effect' get maybe 55 days to pay. If you buy something in the week leading up to (3) then you will have only a few days 'credit'

As mentioned by others avoid at all cost (2) the banks love it when people only pay the minimum amount

I really feel for you over the phone thing, is there a branch you could call into I hate it when you are keept hanging on for ever on the phone and all the stupid questions they ask, sometimes each new person you talk to goes through the same 'security' checks it's so annoying that I refuse to use telephone banking now
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

30-07-2018, 09:39 PM

Thanks Losos,I was on the phone for over 40 mins,I won't be doing that again!,it's all in the pipeline now,paperwork first,sign it,send it back to them,they then send out card,phone them again,to activate it,..she offered me minimum payments,I insisted on the full payment,when it's due,as it will only be used for back up,I also refused for the credit amount to go up,so put a stop to that,..thank you everyone,for all your help,I really appreciate it,
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2018, 10:50 PM

thank you everyone,for all your help,I really appreciate it,
Pauline - You are most welcome, glad I could help

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top