Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 08:05 AM

Re: HONDA Jazz 4x4

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Judd I have a Honda CRV and it's considerably bigger that a Jazz !
Sportages are bigger now too ( I used to have one of them )
I was in the Honda garage yesterday and the latest model CRV is by no means a small car .The CRV s are higher off the ground than an estate car it would seem they are called crossovers.
Cars seem to be getting bigger and wider all the time .
You are right they are definitely more economical we have been very pleased with our car .
The only drawback is that it is a diesel which I supose makes it worthless now .
No matter we shall keep it till its end .
I don't like range rovers because they have that 'roll 'feeling .
I always have the feeling they will roll over !
And they are also Automatic!.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 11:38 AM

Judd I have a Honda CRV and it's considerably bigger that a Jazz !
Sportages are bigger now too ( I used to have one of them )
I was in the Honda garage yesterday and the latest model CRV is by no means a small car .The CRV s are higher off the ground than an estate car it would seem they are called crossovers.
Cars seem to be getting bigger and wider all the time .
You are right they are definitely more economical we have been very pleased with our car .
The only drawback is that it is a diesel which I supose makes it worthless now .
No matter we shall keep it till its end .
I don't like range rovers because they have that 'roll 'feeling .
I always have the feeling they will roll over !
I would imagine that you get a lot more MPG with the diesel, my petrol version does approx 26mpg and about 31mpg on motorway runs. As you say though, they are very high off the ground and great for getting through floods let alone snow.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
And they are also Automatic!.....
Finest invention ever, all cars should be auto to decrease driver workload, even in a Jazz...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would imagine that you get a lot more MPG with the diesel, my petrol version does approx 26mpg and about 31mpg on motorway runs. As you say though, they are very high off the ground and great for getting through floods let alone snow.
We average on good roads about 41 mpg .
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Finest invention ever, all cars should be auto to decrease driver workload, even in a Jazz...
Yep! Then I wouldn't have such trouble finding a new one!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 09:22 PM

I average 50mpg in my 2 litre Nissan Qashqai Muddy, and like all diesels, servicing is a cinch. It'll even run on 'chip fat' ...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 11:42 PM

I average 50mpg in my 2 litre Nissan Qashqai Muddy, and like all diesels, servicing is a cinch. It'll even run on 'chip fat' ...
Is that the 2/4 wheel drive version OGF?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-01-2019, 11:43 PM

That would be a dream for me. They are very heavy cars though aren't they and very comfortable on long runs.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-01-2019, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Is that the 2/4 wheel drive version OGF?
My Qashqai is the two wheel drive version Longdogs, I understand the four wheel drive version is hard on tyres, and at over one hundred quid a piece I'd like them to last as long as possible. Also, because I never have had the need for 4WD - I only drive on roads and don't go out if it's deep in snow - I've never found a problem with 2WD.

I occasionally go long distance, mainly on motorway, and I have achieved 55mpg on some long runs. I'd certainly have another Qashqai when this one gives up the ghost, provided I haven't gone first......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-01-2019, 12:50 PM

My Qashqai is the two wheel drive version Longdogs, I understand the four wheel drive version is hard on tyres, and at over one hundred quid a piece I'd like them to last as long as possible. Also, because I never have had the need for 4WD - I only drive on roads and don't go out if it's deep in snow - I've never found a problem with 2WD.

I occasionally go long distance, mainly on motorway, and I have achieved 55mpg on some long runs. I'd certainly have another Qashqai when this one gives up the ghost, provided I haven't gone first......
They are good looking cars. I almost got one once but really wanted the 4 wheel drive version. I seem to remember it's a x2 which can be changed to x4 but yes, I do remember reviews on tyre wear which also put me off.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top