Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 04:05 AM

Re: HONDA Jazz 4x4

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That would be a dream for me. They are very heavy cars though aren't they and very comfortable on long runs.
I don't find my car heavy at all although I like the way it's 'sits' firmly on the road .It is very comfortable and roomy .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 03:01 PM

The last Sporty car goes tomorrow, no point as neither of us has a heavy right foot anymore. It is to be replaced with a top of the range Kuga, fully colour co-ordinated with a panoramic glass roof, went for the petrol version because of the bad hype starting to effect diesels.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don't find my car heavy at all although I like the way it's 'sits' firmly on the road .It is very comfortable and roomy .
Sorry, I didn't mean heavy to handle, I meant sort of well built. I wouldn't want to push one that's for sure.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Julie on your profile it states your car as a Honda CRV .
This is quite a large SUV .
OK my fault then I've updated it with latest information but I doubt it'll stop him any time soon.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
OK my fault then I've updated it with latest information but I doubt it'll stop him any time soon.
I remember your poor old CRV Julie, you had to scrap it in the end didn't you.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sorry, I didn't mean heavy to handle, I meant sort of well built. I wouldn't want to push one that's for sure.
I find that all SUV's are heavy to handle and don't corner too well at speed including my Qashqai Longdogs.

The reason for this is because they are higher than other vehicles and have a high centre of gravity. The suspension is soft to allow it to travel over rough terrain more comfortably, but allows the vehicle to 'Rock and Roll' more.
And weighing in at well over half a ton, they are among some of the heaviest private vehicles on the road.

Look at vehicles that are built for speed; Low centre of gravity, wide wheel base and hard suspension. Totally opposite to a SUV.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I find that all SUV's are heavy to handle and don't corner too well at speed including my Qashqai Longdogs.

The reason for this is because they are higher than other vehicles and have a high centre of gravity. The suspension is soft to allow it to travel over rough terrain more comfortably, but allows the vehicle to 'Rock and Roll' more.
And weighing in at well over half a ton, they are among some of the heaviest private vehicles on the road.

Look at vehicles that are built for speed; Low centre of gravity, wide wheel base and hard suspension. Totally opposite to a SUV.
Not quite true ld. the handling bit I mean , whilst the quashai may not handle too well in corners there are a few others that will drive like a sports car, Range Rover sport, Porsche Macan turbo, Alfa Romeo’s stelvio quatroporte to name but a few, of course your paying a lot more for these cars than say a quashquai, ( incidentally, I have nothing against a quashqai, I hired one a couple of years ago, and fell in love with it, but mrs p couldn’t get comfortable in it , otherwise I’d have had one in a heartbeat 💗..
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

26-01-2019, 10:59 PM

I agree about the high centre of gravity. I do find myself taking corners slower than in my previous cars.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Not quite true ld. the handling bit I mean , whilst the quashai may not handle too well in corners there are a few others that will drive like a sports car, Range Rover sport, Porsche Macan turbo, Alfa Romeo’s stelvio quatroporte to name but a few, of course your paying a lot more for these cars than say a quashquai, ( incidentally, I have nothing against a quashqai, I hired one a couple of years ago, and fell in love with it, but mrs p couldn’t get comfortable in it , otherwise I’d have had one in a heartbeat 💗..
The cars you mention are purpose built speed wagons and not yer average motors Primus, and as such have had a whole heap of technology thrown at them....And being as I have never had the good fortune to test drive any one of them, I can't really comment......I have had the pleasure of test driving Honda CRV, Toyota Rav 4, Kia Sportage and Ford Kooga...And they turned out as described......
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 11:24 PM

The cars you mention are purpose built speed wagons and not yer average motors Primus, and as such have had a whole heap of technology thrown at them....And being as I have never had the good fortune to test drive any one of them, I can't really comment......I have had the pleasure of test driving Honda CRV, Toyota Rav 4, Kia Sportage and Ford Kooga...And they turned out as described......
But do you want to be throwing an ordinary suv into corners ?

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top