Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 02:42 PM

Car Washes.

Hi

My car was a disaster.

Been ill, concentrating on taking stuff to the tip, not cleaning it.

On the advice of a neighbour, took it to a local Car Wash, run by Yugoslavians.

What great value for money.

£20 and there for an hour.

It is now immaculate , inside and out, except for the scratches on the rear screen.

I need a new one.

Do you use one or do you clean it yourself?

I have an immaculate rear screen arriving, from a write off.

£65 fitted, I am a happy womble.
Dave H
United Kingdom
Dave H is male  Dave H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 02:59 PM

Re: Car Washes.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

My car was a disaster.

Been ill, concentrating on taking stuff to the tip, not cleaning it.

On the advice of a neighbour, took it to a local Car Wash, run by Yugoslavians.

What great value for money.

£20 and there for an hour.

It is now immaculate , inside and out, except for the scratches on the rear screen.

I need a new one.

Do you use one or do you clean it yourself?

I have an immaculate rear screen arriving, from a write off.

£65 fitted, I am a happy womble.

£20 more than I would pay.. £12 inside and out at our local one . And I very good job they do as well.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 03:24 PM

I only clean the outside of my car once at year, I go to a Romanian hand wash which costs £7.

With tractors going up and down the lane my car never stays clean long...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 03:54 PM

Mine is only held together by the moss growing on it and spider's webs. I really should get it cleaned but it might fall apart.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 05:32 PM

I cleaned my car today as it was filthy! It’s black, so it marks easily.
My friend takes his to some foreign people to clean and for £5 they do a brilliant job. He gets the tenth clean, free.
If he has the inside done as well, it’s £10.

Swimmy, l think, you were robbed!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 05:43 PM

Is I’ve said before, nobody, but nobody but me cleans my car, not even when it goes for service , I specifically ask them not to wash it, I never take it to these car wash jobbies, the next time you park under a street light at night , look at your cars paintwork, I bet there are light scratches or swirl marks, all over the bodywork, mine doesn’t have them, now if your car is a few years old then a few more swirl marks won’t really matter, but I like to keep my car as new looking as possible for as long as possible, a bit anal, but that’s just me, I suppose it helps that I enjoy cleaning my car, and I understand if you have mobility problems why you take it to these hand car washes, and that’s fair enough, maybe I will end up using them in the future...but not yet..
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 06:22 PM

I usually go to the car wash, but the one at Tesco where I have been going disappeared after Christmas. I have washed it myself for the last two times, but I would rather have it done for me. It cost £7.00 for the outside. I now need everything cleaning and will have to find another nearby to get all the upholstery and carpets cleaned. That job I don't like and am happy to pay for it. Unless it gets really dirty I only get it washed every month/six weeks and interior about twice a year if it's lucky. Carrying dogs about I am not too fussy anyway.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 06:31 PM

Hi

It took them an hour and twenty minutes

Absolute bargain as far as I am concerned.

They worked so, so hard.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It took them an hour and twenty minutes

Absolute bargain as far as I am concerned.

They worked so, so hard.
They do
But don't say the words Immigration Officer
Or there'll be no-one left to wash your car
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 07:33 PM

Sainsbury's automatic wash £6
Just the outside
The Romanians in the car park charge £15

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top