Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2019, 04:07 PM

Re: My Dad

Late to this, but good luck LQ - hope all goes well.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
Late to this, but good luck LQ - hope all goes well.
Thanks Fen.

Update, Dad still in but I knew they wouldn't let him out with it being bank holiday.

He has had a nice couple of days as they allowed me to bring him home for the past two days until 4pm.

He really enjoyed his roast dinner yesterday and today I went to the fish shop for him, he said he fancied a fish with scraps on for his dinner, he demolished that no bother lol.

He's been watching snooker and playing his keyboard and thoroughly enjoyed the time at home.

It's been nice for him because it has broken up the day as everyone knows how boring it can be in hospital.

He can't read as he is almost blind, completely in one eye and minimal vision in his other eye so he really struggles to read, he manages TV when its a big screen. He has Glaucoma. His vision in his good eye is deteriorating which is worrying but he takes it all in his stride, he has no choice really as there is nothing that can be done to stop it.

His potassium level is still high but its now come down to 5.8 so its slowly coming down. They are still concerned about his kidney function. I'll be glad when we get to see a doctor tomorrow then we will know more.

Fingers crossed he can come home tomorrow.

Hope you are all enjoying your Bank Holiday.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 03:39 PM

I hope so Queeny. You are a loving daughter. x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 04:01 PM

I'm so pleased your Dad has enjoyed his two days home with you LQ, that was bound to boost his spirits. It's good to hear there is nothing wrong with his appetite too.

Hoping he will continue to improve and be allowed to return home soon.

Well done to you for being there for him and showing him such love and care.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 04:25 PM

Positive news!
Thank you for keeping us updated......
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 06:12 PM

Lovely to hear your dad has enjoyed a day at home with his favourite meal, Lion Queen. This will help him so much.
Stay positive, you're doing a wonderful job looking after him
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm so pleased your Dad has enjoyed his two days home with you LQ, that was bound to boost his spirits. It's good to hear there is nothing wrong with his appetite too.

Hoping he will continue to improve and be allowed to return home soon.

Well done to you for being there for him and showing him such love and care.

Mags, You took the words out of my mouth.

Hope he will be back home tomorrow Queenie, so far, it's all sounding very positive. You must be feeling drained
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 09:21 PM

Queenie, you say about your Dad's vision being so bad?

Before I retired, I used to help look after an elderly chap who was nearly deaf, and almost blind too - Arthur. I loved him like me own Grandad.

However, back to what I was going to say.
He used use those 'Talking Newspapers' to keep in touch with what was happening in the outside world.

He also had a special radio with bigger tuning knobs on it that he could 'feel' as well as see. It had different brightly coloured stickers on to help him see which stations to press.

Have you ever looked at the RNIB website for the partially sighted?
They have a shop with lots of helpful aids to buy.
I remember getting my Mum a special doorbell which was not only loud, it also flashed a light in her kitchen to see incase she hadn't heard it.

Have a look, see if there is anything you could treat him to that might help his daily difficulties a little.

https://www.rnib.org.uk/information-...iving/shopping
Lorna
Uk
Lorna is female  Lorna has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2019, 11:01 PM

Well done LQ, its nice to hear the updates, so very pleased for you,
dont forget to take time to sit & rest for yourself too, very necessary.
All the very best hunni xx
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2019, 08:42 AM

How is your Dad?

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top