Join for free
Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 05:24 PM

Re: Anti Vaxxers Rubbish.

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've had the single vaccine and it was safe for me.
You had it, yet have absolutely no idea whether it is safe or not?! Right Oh.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 06:24 PM

I was asking for your opinion given that you are always so forthcoming on information about vaccines. I take you don't have any research on the single shot measles vaccine as you keep coming back with the same deflecting response. Why not admit that you don't know?

Annie, promise me you won't hold your breath waiting.

In fact, I believe you'd do much better saving your breath for chatting elsewhere rather than continuing here.
Let him rumble away to himself.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Neither have I said anything of the kind either.

So what exactly is your point?

Take this to another thread please. Mods have already asked.
Thank you for finally admitting that you do not have any informed knowledge of the single measles shot. The thread is about measles vaccination uptake. I have suggested that a single jab should be made available to increase uptake. It's safety is pretty relevant to the discussion. But it appears that nobody knows the safety record and efficacy of a stand alone measles vaccine relative to the mmr vaccine.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 07:04 PM

Once again a member has had his thread taken over and twisted by another to his own advantage so it has gone off topic.

Our apologies to you Swimfeeders, your thread didn't stand a chance right from the second post.

Neither have I said anything of the kind either.

So what exactly is your point?

Take this to another thread please. Mods have already asked.
Your post was quoted Realist, it was you who was being asked to use the proper debate threads.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 07:05 PM

Thank you for finally admitting that you do not have any informed knowledge of the single measles shot.
Deary me, how extremely childish. I have not admitted a single thing.

But YOU have most certainly proved to us you have absolutely no idea of the safety of the vaccine despite the fact that you unwittingly had it. Really bizarre behaviour TBH.

The thread is about measles vaccination uptake. I have suggested that a single jab should be made available to increase uptake.
And no-one has disagreed with that at any stage.

It's safety is pretty relevant to the discussion. But it appears that nobody knows the safety record and efficacy of a stand alone measles vaccine relative to the mmr vaccine.
Least of all yourself !

However given there doesn't appear to be any data or evidence supporting the safety of the single vaccine then why should anyone play Russian Roulette with their health by having it?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

10-05-2019, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Once again a member has had his thread taken over and twisted by another to his own advantage so it has gone off topic.

Our apologies to you Swimfeeders, your thread didn't stand a chance right from the second post.
It hasn't gone off topic at all imho.

Swims suggested that we should ban unvaccinated kids from schools or fine the parents for not having their kids vaccinated? And that "all those posting anti vaccination rubbish the full costs of treating those affected."

His ideas were challenged (and he hasn't yet been able to come back with any explanation of what banning unvaccinated kids from schools would achieve) and the rest of the nonsense was also refuted.

What followed was a discussion about the Measles vaccination and the related industry.

To be frank and fair, if someone is going to have a go at so-called "anti-vaxxers" then it's right and logical that those not supporting vaccinations will respond. If he didn't want them to then why start the thread?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 07:25 PM

It hasn't gone off topic at all imho.

Swims suggested that we should ban unvaccinated kids from schools or fine the parents for not having their kids vaccinated? And that "all those posting anti vaccination rubbish the full costs of treating those affected."

His ideas were challenged (and he hasn't yet been able to come back with any explanation of what banning unvaccinated kids from schools would achieve) and the rest of the nonsense was also refuted.

What followed was a discussion about the Measles vaccination and the related industry.

To be frank and fair, if someone is going to have a go at so-called "anti-vaxxers" then it's right and logical that those not supporting vaccinations will respond. If he didn't want them to then why start the thread?
No, you just don't understand Realist, it was not a debatable thread. If you wanted a debate of YOUR views, start your own thread in that section (debate section, not self-mod section where you could get rid of any posts you didn't like). Then those members here can post their own views on this topic here without getting pulled to pieces by you all the time.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

10-05-2019, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
No, you just don't understand Realist, it was not a debatable thread.
How can one post one's views without that being discussion or debate? The difference lies only with the personal preferences and opinions of the mods . . . .

Swims should likely have started his thread in the discussion section of the forum.

Either way any "sensitive" topic (health, politics, religion etc) is going to result in discussion. Such is life.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 08:47 PM

To my way of thinking Realist, is you are incapable of stating your view and then leave it at that.
You have adequately demonstrated this time and time again.

I have never, ever known you say - "Well let's beg to differ on this" and walk away.
You go on and on and on with your copy/paste lengthy posts and seem incapable of knowing when to call it a day and leave others to have their own views.

Why does it matter so much to you what others choose to do with their health?
Will their choices harm you? - No.
Will their decisions make a scrap of difference to your life? - No.
Can you not allow other members to have their own thoughts? - No.

Members should not have to make apologies, excuses, or give you their reasons for their choices, so for Christ's sake get over it!

My apologies to you Mags & Meg, but enough is enough.
I feel it is so wrong for a completely unqualified person to try so hard to try and scare people off whatever healthcare they choose. It is no body else's business but their own.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

10-05-2019, 08:55 PM

Sorry Mups but that is such a farcical fantasy post I just don't know where to begin. . . .

"Why does it matter so much to you what others choose to do with their health?"

It doesn't matter to me. People are always free to do what they want. Silly question.

"Will their choices harm you? - No."

It doesn't matter to me what their choices are. People are always free to do what they want. Silly comment.

"Will their decisions make a scrap of difference to your life? - No."

It doesn't matter to me. People are always free to do what they want.

"Can you not allow other members to have their own thoughts? - No."

Again a silly comment. All posters have their own thoughts. They post theirs, I post mine. Simple as.

"Members should not have to make apologies, excuses, or give you their reasons for their choices, so for Christ's sake get over it!"

Who is having to make apologies??? Or excuses??

People are simply posting views and at times it behoves people to support their views with meaningful source material.

"I feel it is so wrong for a completely unqualified person to try so hard to try and scare people off whatever healthcare they choose. It is no body else's business but their own."

No-one is trying to scare anyone off. A false personal jibe, quite uncalled for.

We are simply talking about vaccines. It's really not difficult.

People are totally free to decide whatever they want. The more information they have, the more informed a decision they can make. End of.

Page 11 of 18 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top